LIGHT PACKET

fendercastle

Reaction score
Hi iam new to the forum.I have an audi s3 8p.
I am new at forum and I apologize if I make a mistake.My audi hasnt light packet, and i want to put Ambient light LEDs with Reading lights (front).I would like if someone can help me you know and have done it with instructions and photos.I apologize again if i make a mistake its my first time.I await your replies thanks in advance.

Last edited:
yeah its plug and play one you take the covers off there are 2 philips screws REMEMBER to take these out and not drop them in side , do you have hands free / blue tooth?

In mine there is also the switch of the sunroof, I do not think play a role. I havent bluetooth. Only alarm.

Last edited:
Can you take a pic and post it ... also if the switch is there for the sunroof it must be active ?

No sorry ,but you really do not need it just go slow and remember the 2 PHILIPS SCREWS !, where are you based ?

How can audi produce a car like an S3 and charge you extra for reading lights !! they really do take the ****.... IMHO
You know my old mums Micra, £9k new has a multi fuinction SW as std and map lights...Keyless ignition etc

My old 406 V6 3ltr coupe had Brembo brakes, electric memory seats, auto wipers and lights, 6 CD player, folding mirrors, full interior lights, cruise etc etc all as std and brand new it cost less than a basic S3..........and looked better had a better ride than any S3/A3..

Which international country you from Fender?

Hi Fender
Maybe if you post your questions in your Native language i can translate them using Google translate for you. (unless your Klingon or something).
Do you have an electric sunroof Yes/No
Does the roof Light unit you have brought have a Sunroof switch fitted Yes/No.

Keep trying, we will get it in the end :)

I am from Greece and Iam using ang google translator. Sorry for the language.I havent light packet.I have the sunroofs switch and i have sunroof.I said that I have sunroof because I want to describe my car.

Last edited:
I want to place the ambiente light but i want to know if there if already an installation or I have to make new connections?

Ah ha !
Now i get it. The conections are already there for ambient lights, No Problem !

我以為三帶著周圍燈和閱讀燈?

:sos:

我以為三帶著周圍燈和閱讀燈?

:sos:

"I thought the three with the surrounding lights and reading lights"

Whats that suposed to mean ??

He's Greek not chineese !

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

This is how to take off your light unit. You will need to remove the 1and 3 to fit too your new unit.
Picture 4 shows the two screws that hold the unit to the roof.
Have a look at you current unit in the car and see if the conectors are behind picture 4.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:Thank you very much...
I will try and I will tell you...
I will buy the new light unit and I will install.Do you know if the brain needs new controll by vag-com ? Because I will change light unit, and the new has other functions.

Last edited: