How can I get a nicer sound from the car (exhaust or induction kit)

ru4shaw

Reaction score
I want to get a nicer sound from the car but i done have a clue where to start, i dont want those boy racer exhausts. something not loud but quite a low noise if that makes any sence
any advice?
got a 1.6 fsi
thanks

I honestly dont see the point tbh mate, waste of money if you just want it to sound different, £500 notes possibly on something to sound like what, a V8, lol, spend it on more worthwhile mods mate that you see & actually say yeah that was money well spent, cause for me it would be a total waste.

Nige is right. If you want noise then get a cheap back box. You can get a CD of a Merlin engined Spitfire ! bang that in your cd player and off ya go :)

Mick......what good is a new panel filter going to do him ??

i dont want nothing loud just a nicer sound ill prob just leave it

Jut get a back box and get it welded on - providing it has baffles in it, well sound decent.

I went for a savage one on my 1.4 Golf and sounded just right - loud when you boot in but slightly more "beefier" at all other situations :D

Get a drop in K&N too - at around £40 its a good buy as you dont have to change it each year.

A K&N will oil up your MAF. Get a dry filter like a piper cross.

There was a product l saw on tv once wherein it basically let you adjust the notes to your liking. Ferrari, Bugatti, works in any motor. Cant remember where , was on tv. Must not have been a massive hit.