What do I need...?

satch1982

Reaction score
hi, my Dad has an audi A3 2.0T.

He is looking to remap soon. Am i right by saying he will need to change the filter and change the dv?

Just got him a pipercross filter but was thinking as an xmas gift to get him a dv. Like a forge 0007p?

A lot of people do change the DV but its not strictly necessary.

Sounds like we have similar dads, mine wants some VXR alloys and an irmscher exhaust for his Signum!

nice!

quite like the the signum. Not really a car for me but they do look good. The VXR Signum is out now? will have to have a look

Its recommended to change the DV after a re-map,the oem ones are notoriously weak in standard form so highly likely to split the diaphram after a re-map.
The Forge replacement is a good bit of kit turbo spools up quicker etc.

got me concerned

I have tdi 140 quattro and was keen to get it remapped. I use the car every day and cover allot of mileage, so don't wasnt to risk anything breaking.

I assume DV means dump valve and the filter referred to is the air filter?

I have been phoning around for costs but no one mentioned changing anything else?

Dont be concerned,the issue is with the petrol turbos Tfsi's.
Im not sure of the set-up on the TDI's but the Oem DV (diverter valve,dump valve) should be fine even remapped as for the air filter again not a necessity.

What forge DV should i get. Could find what i was looking for on the forge website. I have a golf 1.8t and the DV to get that doesn't make a loud noise is the 007p. What DV is good for a 2.0t that doesn't make a loud noise?

Have many people got the evoms one on here ? i thought a lot of people were impressed with how they work,i think Craig & Steve at statller have got them on there golfs and think from what they were saying the car is a lot smoother

have you got a link to buy these from?

Buy direct from Audi mate. You could contact Stoke Audi on here (Site Sponsors threads) or just phone your local dealer. That said I don't recall the DV being an issue on 2.0T, mainly on the S3. The Revision valve will be quiet anyway; on the 8P models none of the DVs make a BoV noise so you should be ok on whatever item you choose.

Personally I wouldn't bother as he is not likely to see or feel any benefit from it. What about something subtle like PIAA bulbs or LEDs? At least it is something which will benefit the asthetics of the car.