A Revo/Giac alternative?????????

RonstarS3

Reaction score
Right i'm after a remap for the S3, so like a few people on here I cant really justify £500+. So been looking about a bit, done some research and read some customer reviews, sent email etc. I came across a company called more-bhp, I sent them an email here's my story so far.

me>>hi, was enquiring about the remap, do you provide a rolling road before and after.

more-bhp>> Hi Aaron,
Many thanks for your enquiry.

We don't have or need a rolling road as we can find out more by using diagnostics on the real road.

We concern ourselves more with making true high quality software than outright power figures. The power delivery will be smooth, strong and progressive without sacrificing reliabilty of the vehicle. It is the delivery of the torque that really matters on a turbo car and we can monitor this before and after on the road whilst checking air flow, timing pull, exhaust gas temps, inlet temps, boost pressure... etc etc...

We can do the TFSI 265 S3 for just £249 including VAT, under our current special offers if the car is brought to our workshop in Middlewich CW10 0LH.

me>>Jason

Thanks for the reply,

The product sounds very promising, I'm just at a loss to the price compared to the likes or Revo Giac etc. Would I be getting less of a product as the price would suggest? What are the power claims and how accurate are these.

Sorry for all the questions.

Aaron

more-bhp>>Hi Aaron,
I completely understand why you might wonder about the price and the quality.......

Look at this like this .... Revo or Giac for example offer franchise deals ... they have a large company with large overheads, have staff to pay and have to make profit, as does the outfit selling the product.... so those pieces of the pie, so to speak, add up...

I have the intelligence to be able to directly source software from some of the very best Programmers in the business. I can run every aspect of my business including sales, marketing, technical and mechanical aspects, web site building, etc, etc...

So I work hard - keep the business small, minimal overheads, cheaper software costs.... and just enough of a profit to make me a decent living.

Yes there are some big names but they rely heavily on expensive marketing campaigns to get their business. The majority of my work comes from word of mouth and referals. Again it means I can sell cheaper.

Buying direct from the very best Programmers means that I can more than compete on quality. I don't have to just sell something off the shelf either like the larger names. I can have the software made to either mine or a customers specifications.

The S3 can make just short of 310BHP with a torque increase of 80NM. Like I said before there is just so much more to it than power figures - the car must also drive good ;-)

As a last note I advise you to search for reviews of us using Google and hopefully your mind will be put at rest.

Best Regards,
Jason Copeland

Now the guy can write a very good email thats for sure, so opinions please and if anyone has used this guy to map their S3 let me know. I know a lot of you have gone Revo/Giac etc so try be unbiased and no smarmy *** remarks lol. cheers

Hi,mate check out www.pendleperformance.com.
The guy that does the re-maps is called Martin and is based in Barnoldswick which is just down the road from Blackburn.
Ive had 3 cars done off him now 2 golf tdi's,a Bmw 120d and now the S3 had no issues whatsoever the guys very good and the performance gains incredible.
Similar setup to the company you have explained ie no rolling road print outs,just done on laptop via diagnostics with a pre check before and after.
Ill take all my cars to Pendle the guy knows his stuff and is a similar price and my car runs like a dream !!

I havnt heard much about him but even though i have GIAC on my car there is nothing like live tuning and it been adjusted while out in the car to test how things are measuring and where adjustments can be made,motorsport development are good for this and have done some awsome work but there are probably many others out there

We concern ourselves more with making true high quality software than outright power figures

I have the intelligence to be able to directly source software from some of the very best Programmers in the business. I can run every aspect of my business including sales, marketing, technical and mechanical aspects, web site building, etc, etc...

One point I'd make & be weary of, slight contradiction in his emails, one minute he says we concern ourselves more with making good software, then he says he buys it in from programmers, sorry, but from what I read, this means he's buying mostly generic software maps imho unless someone can explain it differently to me.

Revo & Giac write there own software/maps where as he is buying them in from programmers for your car.

Of course revo & giac dealers also use generic maps but at least they're well known for reliability.

I'm not knocking the guy, just saying do your research & ask the proper questions.

One point I'd make & be weary of, slight contradiction in his emails, one minute he says we concern ourselves more with making good software, then he says he buys it in from programmers, sorry, but from what I read, this means he's buying mostly generic software maps imho unless someone can explain it differently to me.

Revo & Giac write there own software/maps where as he is buying them in from programmers for your car.

Of course revo & giac dealers also use generic maps but at least they're well known for reliability.

I'm not knocking the guy, just saying do your research & ask the proper questions.

:iagree:

The guy sounds really genuine and may just have some really good software contacts that can provide him with good generic maps and he then has limited scope to adjust settings. he comments he makes about franchisee etc make sense but at the end of the day it's probably still easier to be a sheep and follow the pack, his software may only be £250 but although it may be hard to stretch to an additional £250 for one of the fore runners at least you know its been tried and tested, I would kick myself pretty hard if my car went pop for the sake of £250.

Having said all this if you meet the Guy, do your research and like what you hear go for it and wear a large smug grin and keep us all informed.

Couldn't of put it better myself.. :iagree: His may be £250-300 cheaper and MAY be a cracking product. But IMO is £300 really worth the risk considering you know very little about the product itself.
Also what is his aftersales going to be like if you start to have problems in the future. I know the likes of Revo, GIAC etc bend over backwards if there is a problem with the car, not that you hear of any/many problems related to the software itself..
I know cheap remaps seem hard to resist and if it were a sub £5k-10k car it's always worth considering. But on a £30k car.... :sadlike:

Last edited:
I know the likes of Revo, GIAC, Superchips etc bend over backwards if there is a problem with the car, not that you hear of any/many problems with the software itself..
:sadlike:

GIAC dont, try the extreme map and see what response you get from them. And Regal for that matter.

Ok then, Revo do.. :laugh:

Giac are working with a few of there clients at the minute trying to squeeze a bit more out but still keep everything safe,you cant fault them for that everything is been tested loads of times before it gets released and there trying this with lab rat cars and not yours,thats a good code of practice to me,i know some maps people have had done when they read the data blocks they were shocked

Giac are working with a few of there clients at the minute trying to squeeze a bit more out but still keep everything safe,you cant fault them for that everything is been tested loads of times before it gets released and there trying this with lab rat cars and not yours,thats a good code of practice to me,i know some maps people have had done when they read the data blocks they were shocked

lm not a lab rat.

Before a remap companies releases a new map sure they need ' lab rats ', but to release a map saying alls fine and dandy then give no support when all goes wrong means only one thing in my book. Then on top of it all they say you must have 'forge or VF' , or similar, products is just ****. They produce a product to sell another product. :puke2:And, on top of that they say you need to run on 105 ron , in the UK. Point me to the nearest station that does that. BP 102 is expensive enough. ld rather put up with NOS an fart about finding 102 or higher.

Last edited:
dc240969 what happened with yours mate or can you point me to your thread where you explain because i take it all was not good with yours? if so did you go for a proper hammer map where they just throw everything at the car? and did you agree to have that rather than just pump or race setting?
Really want to know because i know Giac are normally a lot safer than the blocks some other people allow there programs to run at