New Tyre Dilemma

mhill

Reaction score
Need two new tires for for the Audi as ive managed to shred the front Bridgstones in 7k

Currently have 225/40/18's but looking to increase to 235/40/18's following advice from some people. I shall be putting the two good rear tires on the front and the new ones on the back as these are perfectly serviceable with the new wider ones on the rear.

Have it down to two choices Verdestine ULTRAC SESSANTA or Falken FK-452

Though any advice is gratefully received.....

I went from Bridgestone 050s to Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics.....much better tyre with decenty progression and good wet weather grip,which was non-existent with the 050s.

Also worth a look.....

As above, the Good Year is an awesome tyre and have lasted longer than the original conti's.They are a little more expensive than the tyres your looking at but I would say well worth the premium, about £120-£130 a corner I think.

Mark

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics is the way to go. I get 15k out of them and they have that rim protector that can pay for your tyres the first time you curb them ...

Falken FK 452 are a very good tyre and and at £60 odd pound a tyre is a real bargin for a very good tyre that lasts well. The new Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrics are ment to be the best tyre around at the moment but haven`t tried them myself but they are about £95. Camskills is the cheapest place for tyres at the moment and beat Mytyres by £10-£30 for the same tyre.
Why do you want to change to 235/40/18 for as i tend to find my Audi tramlines bad enough when motorway driving as is ?