2.0tdi quattro 140 oil cahnge only at 40,000 with longlife filter??

pi quattro

Reaction score
Hi newbie to this but been looking for an answer to this on here for a bit.

I have been told various stories by different dealers. It would seem that my tdi quattro on an 06 plate only needs a haldex oil change at 40,000 miles then again at 80,000. Seems that the filter doesn't need changed as its "long life"

others say it needs oil done every 20,000 miles and filter at 40,000.

Now at 40,000 miles and the diference is about £100!! and i think that my local stealer hasn't looked into it properly.

Any Advice?? Many thanks

P.S. The ones that type in the Vin code to their computer come up with the first story.

Do the filter & oil mate, it can only be better for & protect the haldex overall, afterall if its only a £100 then just do the lot, then it'll have no issues touch wood for another 40k, I mean 40k is a fair few miles & £100 for peace of mind is nothing really is it.

fair comment, i might just do that.

It was only that dealer mentioned this at the last service and that it would cost 50quid. Now they are saying 150 quid.

Just don't like some the idea of the stealer getting one over on me when audi recommends only an oil change!

I know that the TT has to get the oild changed at 20,000 and the filter at 40,000. They are assuming that the diesel A3 is the same.

To be fair i thought that it would too, but seems not.:huh:

Update!!

took it in this morning. Dealer confirmed that there is no filter change required at all!! It only ever needs oil done every 38,000-40,000 miles.

Take note - always question a snotty know it all in a suit at a dealer, they usually know **** all.