Feelings on Pirelli PZero Rosso tyres??

smbAudi

Reaction score
Guys,

Had my brand new A3 now for 3 and a half months and for the most part it's been very good apart from now having a craving for a BMW's driving position! lol that aside...one issue that is really doing my head in is the lack of grip in the wet with these zero rosso tyres! I simply cannot pull away in 1st gear without the wheels spinning, as hard as i try i need to crawl away and stick it into 2nd and pull away before the boost...

anybody else got any opinions on these tyres as i'm half tempted to stick my favoured Good Years...

I had P Zero Rossos on mine when I bought it. The Conti Sport Contact 3's I replaced them with were much better - so much so that I've just ordered the same again to replace them after 2 years and 20000 miles....

The Goodyears GSD3s get rave reviews on this forum for grip - but I suspect that's at the expense of tyre wear....

Certainly I've been happy with my Contis compared to the earlier Pirellis....

Hi there,

I had Rossos on my S3. I found them to be pretty good all round but once they started to get down to about 3mm they were awful.

I have always been a fan of Eagle F1s and have had several cars with the GDS3 variant. I now have the Asymmetric version and I'm 8000 miles in with about 6mm left on them and they are great. I really can't recommend these enough, they also seem to wear better than the GDS3s, which is a bonus since I do around 20000 miles a year.

Hope that helps

Olly

Another fan of conti's here think there awsome tyres but its everyone to there own tastes.Not tried sport contact 3's because everyone said they arent as good as 2's but the 2's i found to be one of the best i have found,had dunlop sport sp9000's on my golf they were also good all year round

cheers for the replies guys...

I am also a Goodyear fan as all my previous cars have had them fitted when in need of replacement...most of my experience has been with GSD2's which were brilliant. I recommended them to a mate who could only get GSD3's after they were released and he loved them too!

trouble is it's difficult to justify spending £400 to replace all four on a 1.9TDIe until they are worn...I will probably persist until I replace in under 2 years as no doubt these zero rossos will last 15,000 more miles when it goes as they seem to be a hard compund.

I have heard only praise for the new F1 Asymetric so my next tyre purchase will probably be these if the GSD3's are phased out...