Question S3 Facelift "The Back Fuel Pump"

Serafeim

Reaction score
Hello everyone, after of some modification that i had on my car
(S3 Facelift) i would like to ask if someone knows if there is a back fuel pump for S3 i am not meaning the typical high pressure fuel pump like kmd or apr . . . .

thanks Serafeim.

Last edited:
Im sure there is a pump inside the tank. It combines the pump and fuel guage in one unit. Not 100& sure but you could try removing the rear seat, you may see an access panel for it. NHN will know, he had to look at his when fitting the facelift clocks.

Im sure there is a pump inside the tank. It combines the pump and fuel guage in one unit. Not 100& sure but you could try removing the rear seat, you may see an access panel for it. NHN will know, he had to look at his when fitting the facelift clocks.

i think that you didnt understand my question.. i would like to replace the oem fuel pump (not the high pressure pump-that is already replace with aftermarket pump-kmd) to have more horse power.I dont know if some company has such like this that i would like to have.. forge,apr,etc have not...at least yet.....:sadlike:

I was lead to believe it's a mechanical pump driven from the engine that you need to replace to supply a higher fuel rate? Not an in tank one (warlbro etc) you speak of?

Well there is a pump under the rear seat I changed just to match 05 onwards cars for the 09 cluster & then there's the one under the hood that is the one thats always getting changed for say revo 2+ maps, the one under the seat afaik has never been uprated simply because there isnt one & its not neccessary anyway also afaik.

Ah ok I thought he was asking which pump to upgrade? My bad

You need to speak to Rabbit222 from SA or maybe jonnyC. I seem to recall reading something about this somewhere! (Sorry not much help)

Well there is a pump under the rear seat I changed just to match 05 onwards cars for the 09 cluster & then there's the one under the hood that is the one thats always getting changed for say revo 2+ maps, the one under the seat afaik has never been uprated simply because there isnt one & its not neccessary anyway also afaik.

I believe that is nesserary to change the "back fuel pump" to get more horse power.actually nobody from "tunning Companies" have not back fuel pump for the new S3.. :( we will waiting to have fuel pump from forge,apr,etc so maybe the car will take more horse power about 5-10 hp indepence on from the bar of the turbo.....we will see..

sorry for my english language...

Last edited:
I was lead to believe it's a mechanical pump driven from the engine that you need to replace to supply a higher fuel rate? Not an in tank one (warlbro etc) you speak of?

Thats correct afaik

Ah ok I thought he was asking which pump to upgrade? My bad

No bad mate you were exactly right so kudos

I believe that is nesserary to change the "back fuel pump" to get more horse power.actually nobody from "tunning Companies" have not back fuel pump for the new S3.. :( we will waiting to have fuel pump from forge,apr,etc so maybe the car will take more horse power about 5-10 hp indepence on from the bar of the turbo.....we will see..

sorry for my english language...

Dont worry my greek isnt much better :laugh: