Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

re map at 100,000 miles???

I have a 2004 2.0tdi 140 Sport and am thinking about getting it remapped, just want a bit more power, id be happy around 170ish. Would the engine be ok with this at 100,000 miles? also does anyone know of any where in N.Ireland where I could get this done? I want the car to have a nice smooth linear power delivery and I intend on keeping the car for another 3 or 4 years so I want it to be reliable! Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Boycie

Status
    Another Northern Irelander!

As long as you car is properly maintained, regular oil changes, timing belt done etc... your car will be fine with the remap at those miles.

Since you are a local, you will benefit more logging onto www.reallymeansounds.com/forum Its Northern Ireland's best car enthusiast forum with plenty of area's covered and lots of site sponsors.

There are a lot of tuners that can map your car over here. I will recommend OBD Autotune in the Pennybridge Industrial Estate, Ballymena

The remapped my TDI 140 to around 175bhp and it's still going strong (60k+)

OBD are a site sponsor for RMS and give member discount so log on and check it out!

6th Gear

Status
    Shouldn't be any problems really, as Boydie said, if you regularly maintain your car, then it should be fine

I'm getting my remap done soon, and i've just ticked over the magical 100k

Had my cambelt, head gasket and all the major things already done, due for it's next bi-annual service soon to keep it fresh.

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    As long as you get a good map that doesn`t run stupid boost etc that could damage your turbo there is no reason not to. Mileage isn`t really an issue on diesel engines like it is on petrol stuff.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    As long as you get a good map that doesn`t run stupid boost etc that could damage your turbo there is no reason not to. Mileage isn`t really an issue on diesel engines like it is on petrol stuff.
    If you got a hybrid or reconditioned your turbo to a hybrid one, would this be less of a risk?
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!