RNS-E question

A3simon

Reaction score
Looking to buy a certain 2010 rns-e off a certain auction site but im wondering if i need to move any wires so my ipod will still work i.e. do i have to swap wires to the 32 pin plug. I currently have the Symphony headunit

Not completely sure but if you have Bose, then yes. I have Aux in but Hazzy's disabled this because of some wiring issues with then 2009 rns-e. Pardon the pun but its all a bit of a haze now....

Curiously, how much is the unit? I'm on the lookout for a 2010 unit too. I noticed one on eBay close to the £1K mark but its in Hungary and I'm reluctant to exchange such large amounts of money without seeing the goods so it would have to be cash on collection.

Good luck

KKP

Looking to buy a certain 2010 rns-e off a certain auction site but im wondering if i need to move any wires so my ipod will still work i.e. do i have to swap wires to the 32 pin plug. I currently have the Symphony headunit

The old and new RNSe have the same pinouts.

New one
1157d1247263682-2010-audi-rns-e-retrofit-a3-8p-tt-8j-r8-2010rns-e_label.jpg

Old one
RNSE.jpg

Me to interested in buying new RNS-E. Any further info

Yeah cause it does ami properly & faster SD larger capable/readers & has proper track listings, also its new & audi charge 2.5k, the last reason should do it at least, lol

Plus it has a nice higher res screen, lol

I know audi charge £2.5k, and that it's better than the previous RNS-E, but for a grand there are much better double DIN units available. The AMI is stupidly slow to navigate if you've more than about 10 songs on your iPod and despite having a DVD drive, it still won't even play a DVD!

Going slightly off topic here, but what would anyone suggest as a better unit to go for instead of the rns-e?? double din obviously...In my opinion I just dont think they are all that great to be honest.

Not my cup of tea , any after market sat nav looks a bit well... " aftermarket "

I know audi charge £2.5k, and that it's better than the previous RNS-E, but for a grand there are much better double DIN units available. The AMI is stupidly slow to navigate if you've more than about 10 songs on your iPod and despite having a DVD drive, it still won't even play a DVD!

I will admit for the price you dont get the most amazing feature set, but interms of integration it is nicer, but I have always rated pioneer in car & sony, well sony used to but not sure what they're upto atm.