EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Fixed Price Servicing Help!

Hi,

I am about to get my car serviced at Ayr Audi and was wondering if the price I've been quoted is correct.

Car is a 2006 A3 Sportback 2.0T with around 19,000 miles on the clock.

DVLA website says car was registered new in August 2006.

It had its delivery insection on 16th October 2006 and had been on long life servicing. It then got serviced in September last year before I bought it at 11,700 miles.

The time has come where the on board computer is saying the service is due soon.

I am aware of Audi's fixed price servicing and my car must be just over three years old now. I wanted a major service at 199 and brake fluid change at 49.

Service department have not quoted that price.

They have quoted 69 for brake fluid and I think it was 269 for the service.

Should I be able to get my 2.0T Sportback serviced for the prices quoted by Audi's fixed pricing scheme, or does different pricing apply because of the turbo engine?

Ayr Audi site just says private vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration and up to and including 2.0 engines.

It does say prices are subject to change without notice but at the same time Audi should update the prices if that is the case. They also state wherever you are in the country that you will benefit from these fixed prices.

Anyone got any idea's why I've not been offered the fixed price for the work I've requested?

Thanks for any help on this matter,

Cheers.
    Last edited by Kev12344; 22nd October 2009 at 00:46.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev12344 View Post
    Anyone got any idea's why I've not been offered the fixed price for the work I've requested?
    Probably because you didn't ask for it! I have my car (same age as yours) in for a service this morning and I'm getting the advertised fixed price, but I did ask.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply.

Ended up taking the car to Ayr Audi today. Car got serviced while I went for a look around the town.

Went back and was given the price of around 370 all in. I explained I had asked for the 49 brake fluid check and 199 major service as per Audi's fixed price servicing.

Guy working at the dealer said the mechanic had not put it through as that, and that in the fixed price servicing they use cheaper oil. Mechanic had done a long life service on the car and he said the oil for that service was more expensive which I understand totally.

He said they had obviously been a breakdown in communication and as a gesture of goodwill he would try get the computer to give me it for the price I expected. Ended up costing me 252 as that is as low as the computer would go, even got the 1 litre of top up oil in the leather bag left in my boot. If I would have had to pay the higher price, I would have had no choice and put it down to experience.

Didn't expect the guy to do that though. I thought it would be touch luck on my part for the miscommunication, but the guy was fantastic and has helped fix the problem.

He just told me if I wanted my vehicle off of variable servicing then I would just have to be insistent to the mechanic that I want this and I would get the fixed price for it. I think error on both my part and the garage, but I think in the circumstances the garage have more than redeemed themselves this time.

Even on the phone mentioning this when booking, at no point did the mechanic listen when I asked for the fixed price servicing, even when I told him that is what I wanted as my car was over three years old.

I don't even do a lot of milage in the car as was confirmed in the service book which the guy looked at.

Wel done to Ayr Audi this time I think, good result given the circumstances.
    Last edited by Kev12344; 22nd October 2009 at 21:20.

1st Gear

Status
    What oil did they use? They used Catrol GTX Magnetic for my 99 service.
    Last edited by JeffY; 22nd October 2009 at 22:47.

Reverse Gear

Status
    They used Castrol SLX Professional Powerflow Longlife III 5W30 for my service.