Bulbs!

Reaction score
Hey ppl

Sorry i know there's loads posts like this but im stuck dont know any think about the different types bulbs.

Ive got standard yellow looking head lights. Can i upgrade my bulbs to whiter brighter with out melting the head light its self?
I was in halford and they do Halfords own Extreme Brilliance bulbs 50% brighter any one used them or know any better bulbs ?
Also wanted change side lights to maybe LEDs or white light bulbs. Can they be upgraded?

Oh and im thinking of doing Ambient LED Install. If anyone done this how bright are they at night? Take it they must be ok to drive with them on.

Thanks
Dan
:thumbsup:

In a recent test by Auto Express the Philips Premium came out as a Best Buy in the Plus 30 output range, Philips VisionPlus in the Plus 50 output range as did the Philips X-treme Power 50 Plus bulbs.

Personally I've used Philips VisionPlus in the past (I now have OEM Xenons) and I found them a real improvement over the normal bulbs.

I always obtained mine from Power Bulbs who offer a good range and free delivery - have a look at http://www.powerbulbs.com/

I had osram night breakers along with some bright white sidelights (which looked blue when off) and they did the job nicely!

Obivously when compared to the xenons i have now, the difference is noticeable but i think the best option you have apart from fitting oem xenons!

Hi,

How do you change the smaller front bulbs in the front headlight?

Been trying but for the life of me it feels like the thing is just going round in complete circles?

Anyone have tips or diagrams? How to's?

Hi,

How do you change the smaller front bulbs in the front headlight?

Been trying but for the life of me it feels like the thing is just going round in complete circles?

Anyone have tips or diagrams? How to's?

I'd assume they're a similar setup to the Golf and from memory you just pull them out. But they are a **** to get out!

:sadlike:

Thanks ppl!!!:salute:

So Philips or Osram? Philips seams to win :unsure:

Drnutta i thought they just twisted and pulled out.

Well anyone know how easy it is to take the whole headlight out?

They definitely don't screw out.
Just gently but firmly (is that even possible??!) pull them out using the wires of the holder they fit into.
Don't yank, just grab the wires, pull gently until there's no slack left, and then pull more firmly and out they'll pop. The wires won't break, or at least mine didn't on both sides.