Lowered the A3 50mm!!

Blueie

He who dears' wins!!
Reaction score
Lowered the A3 yesterday 50mm on Eibach springs!! Well chuffed with the ride hight and drive. Supprised they weren't that hard to fit.
Just nice not to hard. Ill get some pics up soon once i figure out how to lol.

Anyone gone lower than 50mm??

My Sportback is also on the -50mm Sportline's... i fine the ride great too. :icon_thumright:

I think the Sportlines are only 50mm on the front, the rears are only 40-45mm, gives a slight nose down stance which I like!

I can't believe you haven't posted any pics!!!

Last time i asked nate he told me he were down 65mm, but im sure he's gone lower now! That thing looks on the floor! Not gonna lie, does look insane!

P.s this thread is useless without pics, get some up!!!!! ;)

im down 80mm at the front and 75 at the rear lol thats as far as my AP coilovers go on the rear i have another 10mm to go yet on the front lol

Last edited:
while we are talking about lowering. anyone know if there is possibility to lower car even more when coils are already at lowest level?

while we are talking about lowering. anyone know if there is possibility to lower car even more when coils are already at lowest level?

Take the helper plates and helper springs out

What a mate of mine did to his Corsa so it was lowered about 80mm in the end

Luke ask Nate i believe he lowered his car abit more by doing some thing and he not had any problems

you can take the rear adjustters/cups of the spring its totaly safe people do itall the time the wieght of the car sitting on the spring holds it in plce ive done it and its lowerd the rear another 10-20 mm as for the fronts im not sure..

VW Addict :))) watched too many films?:)

what about the pics? :)

Sorry been so late an quality of pics!

24102009030.jpg

24102009031.jpg

24102009032.jpg

24102009033.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Andya3/s3
very nice. Are these just the springs on standard shocks? would that improve the handling or are you going for just the looks?

Yep on standard shocks, it does improve handling loads! Also looks!

het like the look of that 50mm whats the part number on the spring kit and cost ?

Eibach Sportline Part No:20-15-007-02-22

I bought it off ebay for £102 BUT a buy now price or dealer your looking around £140 to £160

Eibach Sportline Part No:20-15-007-02-22

I bought it off ebay for £102 BUT a buy now price or dealer your looking around £140 to £160

Bitch, I bid £101

Saying that though, If i didnt bid, you would have got them for £56! :)

According to the Eibach web site the rear is lowered by 35-40 mm does anyone know why that is?

Thanks

Oh yea.... £140 with free delivery :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Bitch, I bid £101

Saying that though, If i didnt bid, you would have got them for £56! :)

NO WAY! haha mad one! I had to go out that night so lucky i got my mate to bid or you would of got them for £56

According to the Eibach web site the rear is lowered by 35-40 mm does anyone know why that is?

Thanks

Oh yea.... £140 with free delivery :thumbsup:

If im right reason for the 35 - 40 and front 50 to get the right balance, as if you notice now your audi is lower in the front than the back at a slant

Hey, I have excatly same model as your car mate (red) Had any problems so far? with shocks, camber, rubbing (with lots of weight) How much harder is the ride than s-line sport set up. These seem like a nice cheap upgrade. Im also thinking about s3 upgrade, bumper wont rub will it ? :( Thanks!

Nice!! Im looking to lower my car and 50mm looks just about right. planning to keep the same shocks on. hows the ride, is it as comfortable compared to stock?

Nice already oredered sporlines for my too, let's see if shocks, don't blow up instant :) hehe

They look smart. I have been looking and was only going to lower mine 30mm on eibach springs too but the pro kit. All on standards shocks ect. But now I'm looking at 50mm then as it looks neat and not too much.

because you only changed the springs, has it affected your top mounts at all or is it likely it won't matter?

Iv just bought some vogtland 50mm Springs and shocks from DPM performance for £342 incl pp. The reviews for this brand were all positive throughout many forums. Will upload some pics come Saturday when its done

because you only changed the springs, has it affected your top mounts at all or is it likely it won't matter?

It doesn't matter. I always advise people to change top mount and bearing when doing the springs as its labour free and makes sense.