Coming Back

Japper

Ibis S3 Fan Club
Reaction score
Hi to all,

Well as the deal was done last night i'm pleased to say i'm on my way back to the Audi brand.

Spec:

S3 3dr
Ibis
Buckets
Bose
PDC +
Black Styling Package
Bluetooth
Interior Light Pack
Light & Rain Sensors
Brushed Alloy trim
S spokes

Delivery 1st March 2010.

Long wait, but ordered early as i'm busy this month, away all December on vacation and pretty manic when i get back, so the time should pass quickly.

mods planned already:

19" BBS CH Black edition Alloys
Giac remap
RNS-E Retrofit - Hopefully 2010 version to include the park distante picture screen.
H&R ARB's probably.

Why the long delivery date?

I hope no delays are on the horizon as I ordered mine on the 1st Sept with an expected delivery date of 25th November, is this realistic?

I hope no delays are on the horizon as I ordered mine on the 1st Sept with an expected delivery date of 25th November, is this realistic?

Because i didn't want it until then, that's the only reason. I could've had it to my spec in January.

So i'm sure you'll be fine.

I would add H&R springs to that wish list as well :)

Thanks Boydie, but the roads around here are shocking and the speed bumps even more so. I'm not a fan of the real lowered look and don't mind the 'even' gap all around wheel. Reason for H&R's ( maybe just rear ) is to dial out a bit of understeer.

Are the lower control arm bushings slotted on the S3 like the TT so more neg camber can be added?.

ARB upgrade would maybe also help you out aswell then if not into lowering, I also dont like riding my **** on the floor, prefer an almost even gap all round, so I just changed shocks to FSD's & some Eibach Pro springs all to get rid of the damn springy bouncy feeling, of course mines the A3 but still worthy upgrades if not interested in coilovers etc, also did the ARB upgrade to H&R as eibachs knocked & its amazing at what such a small change will do to your car, arb's worth there weight in gold tbh, turning corners is a pleasure now, lol

RNS-E Retrofit - Hopefully 2010 version to include the park distante picture screen.

Consider adding the above as a factory option.. they are (apparently) rare as hens teeth and cost upto 2.5K on the open market whereas you could get factory fitted for a lot less than that.

Wish I had in hindsight

If you mean just the rns unit MY10 with the media button & ami features then I can get one for £900 or less.

ARB upgrade would maybe also help you out aswell then if not into lowering, I also dont like riding my **** on the floor, prefer an almost even gap all round, so I just changed shocks to FSD's & some Eibach Pro springs all to get rid of the damn springy bouncy feeling, of course mines the A3 but still worthy upgrades if not interested in coilovers etc, also did the ARB upgrade to H&R as eibachs knocked & its amazing at what such a small change will do to your car, arb's worth there weight in gold tbh, turning corners is a pleasure now, lol

ARB's were my first point of call as beefing up the rear ARB has always been my way. The S3 ride / handling compromise was better than i thought. Way softer than my cuurent drive and yet not far off in handling...................loads more grip though.

Because i didn't want it until then, that's the only reason. I could've had it to my spec in January.

So i'm sure you'll be fine.

Phew, I had visions of a delay. I'm already dying to get my hands on my new baby!

If you mean just the rns unit MY10 with the media button & ami features then I can get one for £900 or less.

That's more like what i was expecting and maybe more available next year. Can you confirm that the Park distance control plus can be configured into the nav screen like when factory fitted for the MY10 version.

Thanks guys.

That would be based on if the car has the sysem already in place mate, I suspect it is a configurable thing with vas or vagcom when you have a rns installed, so cant say for sure, check with a master tech at your dealer you ordered from, given you're stumping up 30k or so they will assist, just ask if the system is turned on/off via diag tool & if you have the parking system plus on your car & you then add an rns my10 if they can enable the system for you.

That would be based on if the car has the sysem already in place mate, I suspect it is a configurable thing with vas or vagcom when you have a rns installed, so cant say for sure, check with a master tech at your dealer you ordered from, given you're stumping up 30k or so they will assist, just ask if the system is turned on/off via diag tool & if you have the parking system plus on your car & you then add an rns my10 if they can enable the system for you.

Yeah i've specced the PDC+

Rear PDC would have been sufficient, but couldn't resist this feature for the sake of < £200.

Thanks.

Nice one Japper! Great spec :thumbsup: Glad to see those buckets on the list and thankfully our meet was of use to you.

I'll race you to CH's and the Giac remap.....:sly:

Interesting....I ordered mine the same week, and mine is due mid Jan!!

bbsch026001.jpg

My new wheels arrived today:icon_thumright:

Roll on March 1st..................or more 28th Feb

Last edited:
Wasnt aware BBS did originals with the polished lips

Wasnt aware BBS did originals with the polished lips

Ah, misunderstood you. Yes these Genuine CH black Editions have a replaceable stainless steel 'rim protector'. It's glued on and should i ever get near enough to a curb to mark em, then £60 buys another stick on.