CC Tuning / Performance Torque

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Now I know this is going to come as a shock to some members but has anyone any experience of a remap by CC Tuning of Burton on Trent.

I see that that do a map for the 2.0TDI 140 common-rail and I may even consider having it done - basically for the 10-20% better fuel economy.

Last edited:
The other company I am considering is Performance Torque. Anyone any experience of this firm.

So I should forget your email earlier today Dave?

No not at all. It's just that I know about you and Revo but I don't know about the others. You price is a bit higher than the others. Perhaps you can do something about that for a fellow ASN Members!!

Do you think Revo are worth the extra?

I chat to Will @ performance talk on msn Dave, he's a very good guy. Scott Andrew's from this forum has a 09 CR TDI and he's had it mapped, he's happy with it also. Performance Torque & Custom Code would be my 2 choices.

As Nate says, I had my 09 A3 2.0 TDI 140 remapped by Will at P Torque. No probs, very happy, and nice guy - couldn't ask for more tbh. Can't really give anymore input than that but Googling P Torque brings up various good reviews from other forums.

As Nate says, I had my 09 A3 2.0 TDI 140 remapped by Will at P Torque. No probs, very happy, and nice guy - couldn't ask for more tbh. Can't really give anymore input than that but Googling P Torque brings up various good reviews from other forums.

What improvements did you get from your remap?

Do any of the remappers have any special rates for ASN members.

I see Performance Torque have some reduced prices on Seat and Skoda forums.

What improvements did you get from your remap?

I wish I could tell you but I haven't had it dyno'd and I never watch the mpg. I know the 0-60 is roughly around the mid 7 secs if that helps. I also know that the highest mpg I've achieved is 68.2 mpg doing 56 mph on the M6.

Sorry.... :3sadwalk:

I wish I could tell you but I haven't had it dyno'd and I never watch the mpg. I know the 0-60 is roughly around the mid 7 secs if that helps. I also know that the highest mpg I've achieved is 68.2 mpg doing 56 mph on the M6.

Sorry.... :3sadwalk:

Are you happy with the remap? Has it improved the 'drivability' of the car?. Any problems at all?

Are you happy with the remap? Has it improved the 'drivability' of the car?. Any problems at all?

I'm very happy with the map. Car pulls well throughout the revs right up to the red. Unfortunately it's been so long & my memory is so crap I can't really remember before the remap, but it's definitely no worse. Initially I thought the car was shaking a little on idle, but that's just me being paranoid. Will even offered to scan for error codes foc and there was nothing. Wouldn't hesitate to get another car mapped by Will. For what it's worth if the dealer wipes off the map for whatever reason then they'll do it again for free.

Sounds like a great guy to deal with.

Am I reading this right or is this a windup, lol, Dave's considering modding his car & yes Dave this is a modification from factory spec so no side stepping out of this one laddy

I know Simon@amd fairly well he does a great job everytime for me, if you decide to go then can say you're a mate so maybe do cheaper.

I'm still only thinking about it. I might still change my mind!!

Now you're just being a tease huh, lol, push the boat out & join our world, lol, hey you only live once & you cant map a coffin, so go for it slim cause once we're gone we're gone so no having fun then, you'll love it.

The other company I am considering is Performance Torque. Anyone any experience of this firm.

I,ve had Will at Performance Torque do a couple for me he's spot on looking at getting this one done.:yes:

Now I know this is going to come as a shock to some members but has anyone any experience of a remap by CC Tuning of Burton on Trent.

I see that that do a map for the 2.0TDI 140 common-rail and I may even consider having it done - basically for the 10-20% better fuel economy.

Just get it done and enjoy.
There are no pockets in a shroud as they say......

You may get 10-20% more mpg but what about the 20-30% more grin factor?
Surely its worth it for that.

cheers
Paul

PS- Forget to tell your dealers though .......:whistle2:

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

If anyone has any questions, or fancies a chat, feel free to e-mail or call me. :icon_thumright:

Well the decision has been made...

I have an appointment with Will Spooner at Performave Torque on Saturday morning (24th) to have my car remapped. He has given me a good price with £50 off for being a forum member.

He is quoting 205hp and 325lbs/ft torque for my particular 140cr engine.

Come on Dave, say it, go on say it!!!!!

"I AM MODDING MY CAR" say it loud & slowly, lol

Never thought I'd see this day, enjoy as you will wonder why you didnt do beforehand.

Come on Dave, say it, go on say it!!!!!

"I AM MODDING MY CAR" say it loud & slowly, lol

Never thought I'd see this day, enjoy as you will wonder why you didnt do beforehand.

well if you insist...

I AM MODDING MY CAR.....

lol, nice one Dave, sense of humour, lol.

let us know how it goes, p-torque are just down the road from me and i'm considering them to map my old school pump deuse!

Well the decision has been made...

I have an appointment with Will Spooner at Performave Torque on Saturday morning (24th) to have my car remapped. He has given me a good price with £50 off for being a forum member.

He is quoting 205hp and 325lbs/ft torque for my particular 140cr engine.

205bhp when all the other tuners quote a 30hp increase on the CR140?

I'd expect those sort of gains on a CR170 bot not the 140!

Yes your right. I think Will Spooner put the 170 figures in the email to me rather than the 140 figures. When I realised I looked at an earlier email and he is quoting an increase of 34bhp and 50lbs/ft of torque. That would probably take my 140 from it's quoted 138bhp to 172bhp and the torque from 236 to 286 lbs/ft. An increase of 67bhp from a simple remap would be a bit much to expect!! It's still cheaper way to get a 170 that the £930 price difference when you buy a new one.

My A3 has done just over 8000 miles and I have not reset the No2 computer setting for overall mpg since new. I checked earlier today it shows 44.7mpg so it will interesting to see what happens after the remap.

Hi Sem

It was my mistake, accidently quoting the 170CR figures :keule:

I printed that of & had it framed & stuck in the Louvre, its a historic piece of art now, lmfao

Well I clicked print & there it was mate :whistle2:

So how does it go ?

Not bad! - only joking. It goes very well and was well worth the cost.

My drive to Performance Torque on Saturday morning was just over 100 miles of dual-carriageway (A14) and motorway (M6) and some normal rather congested roads around Wolverhampton so I had a good chance to take note of how the car was behaving.

After the remap I went out through some country type roads with Will Spooner to see how the car had changed. It felt very much smoother, still just as quiet and with more torque in the mid-range.

On the way home I used much the same route as going and found myself doing nearly 100mph on the M6 before I realised. The car seemed to rev much more easily in 6th that it did on the way there. Again at a couple of roundabouts the mid-range torque was evident again.

On the way there I checked the DIS for the overall mpg for the 8000 miles from new and it was around 44mpg. I also checked the mpg for the particular journey to Performance Torque and it showed around 43mpg. The same check when I got home showed 46mpg so a small improvement in mpg as well.

Will Spooner is a great chap and I would have no hesitation in recommending him and Performance Torque to anyone wanting a remap.

I think it was money well spend and much cheaper than buying a 170 in the first place. The difference between the 140 and 170 is £930 where as I paid £295 for similar performance to a 170 and probably much smoother through the mid-range if my previous 170 is anything to go by.

The normal price is £345 but I was given a £50 discount as an ASN member. The price does include the lovely bacon sandwich and mug of tea I had in the small café a few yards away from PT premises!!.

All in all a very worthwhile exercise. It will be interesting to see what difference it makes to the top end of the speed range when I visit Germany again next Easter.

No dyno check was done on the car as PT only have a two wheel dyno and the ECU in the A3 will cut the power if the rear wheels are not turning at a similar speed to the front wheels.

Glad your happy Dave, so whats next mod to do, lol, nah seriously?

Thanks Dave, pleased you are happy.

The P-Torque delivery on these new CR engines is very smooth. I spent a long time developing this software. You have to check the speedo to realise just how fast you have accelerated :sly: