Advice for removing door trim please

RonS3

DERV convert
Reaction score
After some scumbags decided to rip my S3's wing mirrors off :mad:no doubt so sell for a nice profit (£600 for a new pair - ouch), I decided to decline my local Audi dealers offer to fit them for a further £300.

Whilst I've removed door cards before to fit ICE in my previous cars, it's a bit more daunting to perform such surgery on my 4 month old pride and joy. Anyone done this before on the 8P who can offer any words of advice? Hidden screws? Difficult trim etc?

Any tips / words of encouragement gratefully recieved

Cheers

Ron

Apologies for being thick but I can't seem to find anything in the FAQ section, even if I just put 'trim' in as the search term I get nothing at all. I presume it's the FAQ tab at the top of the page? It's only my second day on the forum so I'll use that as my excuse!

Apologies for being thick but I can't seem to find anything in the FAQ section, even if I just put 'trim' in as the search term I get nothing at all. I presume it's the FAQ tab at the top of the page? It's only my second day on the forum so I'll use that as my excuse!

That's probably because they are referred to as door cards in the FAQs.

This is the post you need:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=77472

Fantastic - thanks guy's, I'll be wiring the new mirrors up to a 10,000 volt supply to zap the f*****s if they try to nick em again (I wish).

Cheers

Ron

Fantastic - thanks guy's, I'll be wiring the new mirrors up to a 10,000 volt supply to zap the f*****s if they try to nick em again (I wish).

Cheers

Ron

Post pics when they do :)

Flame thrower like they had in South Africa is much more fun, can then do some marshmallows on the fire whilst you watch the bar stewards burn, lol