Jumping revs????

mrgicm

Phantom black S3/
Reaction score
Hello,

I have installed a Forge CAI and a Forge DV , and after a few days I noticed that when I approach the street lights and when I press the clutch and slow down and stop, the revs keep falling down to allmost 200rpm and the car allmost switches off, then I took it to my dealer and they found the problem at the hose from the Forge dv had a crack in it and had extra air in the PCV system. After fixing the hose it was better but now it started again and all the hoses are firm and correct. Dont know what could it be,

Could it maybe be a remap problem?

I even changed the spring in the Forge DV to a stronger one but it didnt help.. If anybody had some similar problems any help and opinions are useful... thank you

What does a vacuum gauge tell you?

Sounds awfully like a vacuum leak to me. -Standard detection methods will find it if a vacuum gauge suggests that it may be your problem.

Keith

How long in between the problem being sorted and then coming back again??

Fit your OEM DV back on and see if the problem goes away.

Have you got the 3 pipes on the Forge DV connected to the right ports???

How long in between the problem being sorted and then coming back again??

Not too long, maybe a few weeks.... The DV is connected like sugested in the instruction manual so I dont know. The hoses are all without leaks. What do you mean by vacum guage??? The vag com shows only the standard fault due to the missing oem DV.

Hello,

I have installed a Forge CAI and a Forge DV , and after a few days I noticed that when I approach the street lights and when I press the clutch and slow down and stop, the revs keep falling down to allmost 200rpm and the car allmost switches off, then I took it to my dealer and they found the problem at the hose from the Forge dv had a crack in it and had extra air in the PCV system. After fixing the hose it was better but now it started again and all the hoses are firm and correct. Dont know what could it be,

Could it maybe be a remap problem?

I even changed the spring in the Forge DV to a stronger one but it didnt help.. If anybody had some similar problems any help and opinions are useful... thank you

i got the exact same problem mate on my s3, did you ever get it sorted ??