JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Phantom black S3/

Status

Jumping revs????

Hello,

I have installed a Forge CAI and a Forge DV , and after a few days I noticed that when I approach the street lights and when I press the clutch and slow down and stop, the revs keep falling down to allmost 200rpm and the car allmost switches off, then I took it to my dealer and they found the problem at the hose from the Forge dv had a crack in it and had extra air in the PCV system. After fixing the hose it was better but now it started again and all the hoses are firm and correct. Dont know what could it be,

Could it maybe be a remap problem?

I even changed the spring in the Forge DV to a stronger one but it didnt help.. If anybody had some similar problems any help and opinions are useful... thank you
    Phantom Black S3/ APR stg 2+ / Forge CAI / APR HPFP / Miltek TBE / Forge DV / Forge Catch Tank / Forge T. body / VF Engine mounts / ECS EM / KW V3 / 19" BBS CH "Black" / 18" Team Dynamics Motorsort / Denso Iridium IK24 / Forge Twincooler / Helix Race Clutch + Flywheel / H&R ARBs / JVC Multimedia + TV Tuner / Kicker sound system over 3,000W RMS / TT-RS Steering wheel / Whiteline Anti-lift kit / Brembo Porsche GT2 BBK / soon: RECARO POLE POSITION SEATS,

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    What does a vacuum gauge tell you?

Sounds awfully like a vacuum leak to me. -Standard detection methods will find it if a vacuum gauge suggests that it may be your problem.

Keith

is a retronaut

Status
    How long in between the problem being sorted and then coming back again??
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Status
    Fit your OEM DV back on and see if the problem goes away.

Have you got the 3 pipes on the Forge DV connected to the right ports???
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    get a new car, problem solved. Get vagcom on it.

Phantom black S3/

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    How long in between the problem being sorted and then coming back again??

Not too long, maybe a few weeks.... The DV is connected like sugested in the instruction manual so I dont know. The hoses are all without leaks. What do you mean by vacum guage??? The vag com shows only the standard fault due to the missing oem DV.
    Phantom Black S3/ APR stg 2+ / Forge CAI / APR HPFP / Miltek TBE / Forge DV / Forge Catch Tank / Forge T. body / VF Engine mounts / ECS EM / KW V3 / 19" BBS CH "Black" / 18" Team Dynamics Motorsort / Denso Iridium IK24 / Forge Twincooler / Helix Race Clutch + Flywheel / H&R ARBs / JVC Multimedia + TV Tuner / Kicker sound system over 3,000W RMS / TT-RS Steering wheel / Whiteline Anti-lift kit / Brembo Porsche GT2 BBK / soon: RECARO POLE POSITION SEATS,

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
    Hello,

I have installed a Forge CAI and a Forge DV , and after a few days I noticed that when I approach the street lights and when I press the clutch and slow down and stop, the revs keep falling down to allmost 200rpm and the car allmost switches off, then I took it to my dealer and they found the problem at the hose from the Forge dv had a crack in it and had extra air in the PCV system. After fixing the hose it was better but now it started again and all the hoses are firm and correct. Dont know what could it be,

Could it maybe be a remap problem?

I even changed the spring in the Forge DV to a stronger one but it didnt help.. If anybody had some similar problems any help and opinions are useful... thank you
    i got the exact same problem mate on my s3, did you ever get it sorted ??