Flashing on dash saying boot open but its shut

bearder2006

Reaction score
well any ideas what this could be thanks also think this as coursed the alarm to go off

its normally water ingress that causes this fault m8, remove inner boot trim panel and check control module for wetness etc hth

ok i will check tom is it a case of just drying were there is wet ? if that is the problem

yes mate will defo be the sensor located in the tailgate. I has same fault on mine and stupid sh!T kept me up all night as alarm kept going off. Boot light would sometimes come on and sometimes go off. By sometime I mean change every couple of minutes or when I drive over a bump. Really annoying but good when fixed :D

yes m8, look for dampness etc, try using a water displacing spray from halfords etc, maybe a temp fix, the rear washer/arm grommet fails as well on this car, so also check this

cal

well Ive taken the panel off and my wiper motor was leaking can you repair it or have you got to put a new motor on ?
tar jay

hi m8, you maybe lucky and the motor may dry out ok, got mine done under warranty

cal

hi cal
Ive undone some of the screws on the front of the motor and just pushed some silicon in the joint then tightened up fingers crossed may of done the job alarm did not go off in the night