Headlight replacement

morgansath

Reaction score
I've just got myself a set of new black halo angel light for my a3 -04 plate, and I am stumped as to where to begin with replacing the lights. I get the basic idea, but I've now been told that i might need to remove my front bumper. Is this true? If not please please can some1 guide me through the steps. thanks :D

yes the front bumper needs to come off, undo the bolts in the front wheel arch liners and under the bumpers edge, there are also 2 bolts under the bonnet on top of the grille and 1 each directly below each front indicator bulb, once all these are removed you can pull the bumper off and swap the light.

is this going to be an easy job?.... this is my 1st car ... a 2l fsi se and i just want to get the job done with least amount spent.

Yeah you can do it yourself in a couple of hours. all you need is a Torx screwdriver set

Yes its not too difficult and there is a write up on here on how to do it. I did it to swap my Sline grill for an S3 grill and it didn't take long. You might finf it easier to take the front wheels off and place on axel stands to get a bit more room. And get a piece of carpet or cardboard at the front to rest the bumper on when its finally released

Folded towels or blanket to rest the bumper on, so it doesn't get scratched up. Put it in place before you start.

Then just go round and methodically and sequentially undo the screws... and "Robert's your mother's live-in-lover"... so to speak.

Keith