Company Car with Re-Map

Tommylikeschees

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok, so this is my first post, i've been browsing the forum for quite some months, but today I decided to join up, and I have a question to ask.

My car, is a company vehicle as a perk (albeit paid for by me) rather than a car i'm expected to use everyday to get to work. So it's leased to me through my company, and self insured by the bank i work for.

I've been reading up on the Revo re-mapping and would like to have mine done, although i'm not sure whether I should or not. I wondered if anybody else here has been in a similar position and had any advice to offer? i.e. how detectable is it in the event of an accident, when it goes for a service etc?

Cheers!!

Tom

you can get revo select plus device, and it can be returned to stock anytime you want (service, warranty work). visit revo website for more info. :beerchug:

Thanks S.!

Ok so that sorts the Warranty and servicing issues out I guess.

I suppose the big issue, which is (touch wood doesn't happen!) if the car was involved in a very bad accident rendering it un-drivable and taken away and then inspected by insurance co / lease company and found to be re-mapped, is that possible?

Having said all this, there is nowhere in any of my paperwork at all that mentions modifications of any type being allowed or otherwise, but if I was to call them and ask, I bet I would know the answer already!

Modifications should be declared to your insurance company or your insurance cover could be void IF they found the car was remapped. Standard diagnostics will not detect a Revo remap, but if an insurance company wanted a detailed dump of the ecu they would be able to find the remap code. However this is very unusual. My insurance company know about my remaps and I pay an additional premium, but Audi don't need to know (and most dealers don't really care). I work in the Insurance industry and have never come across a claim where an ecu was checked at the code level, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

Hope this helps.

I reckon you should go for it! I wish I had a company S3!!

Nice colour by the way, can't wait for mine to turn up!!