T888 or alternative

Spin140

Reaction score
I have ordered a set of Team dynamics pro race 1.2 for my occasional track events, this year I will have attended 8 and intend to do the same next year funds willing, I like to do the odd winter track day so I'm unsure wether to go for some Toyo 888 at a cost of £600 or get another set of Goodyear F1's (@ £420)for all season grip.

Your thoughts appreciated before I get in touch with Camskill.

Cheers

I had read the Yokos were poor in the wet, my dilema is that the S3 has pretty good grip in all circumstances, my fear is that buyng T888 as track only wheels will limt my enjoyment in Winter.

Decisions eh ?1 :)

I had read the Yokos were poor in the wet, my dilema is that the S3 has pretty good grip in all circumstances, my fear is that buyng T888 as track only wheels will limt my enjoyment in Winter.

Decisions eh ?1 :)

surely the yokos are better than the t888's in the wet?

888's in the wet will be a nightmare..... I'm sure there would be something that would cover a nice medium. Maybe Yoko's but I'd look at some PS2's or similar.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x-225-40-18-...ItemQQptZUK_Cars_Tyres_RL?hash=item5d269469ff

EDIT: I have these and I have to say I love them in the dry, hate them in the wet. Really grip-less when it's raining
:iagree:I loved the Goodyear F1 directionals, but switched to Paradas when I couldn't get on with F1 asymetrics. Paradas don't inspire confidence in the wet or cold and I shan't be using them for any winter track days, great when you can get heat into them and relatively hard wearing

i,ve had the prarads for over three years now and i,d love to find something thats as good in the dry as them, and is also very good in the wet falken 452,s is what think i will try next. i think it rains 100 days a year over here so don,t want to die young i,ve had couple of near misses already. but for just track days i,d get toyos or prada, and if it,s gonna be a bad day go to the pub