Would this mod be legal?

Apart from the Style Police who would vote a big NO, plod would take a very dim view of these very dangerous and offensive items, let alone the fun the legal eagles would have if you hit anyone with one of these.

Your insurance would be void as well, as it would need to be declared and the insurance company would not cover you due to the third party damage implications.

So it's a 'NO' on all fronts.

Apart from loking really pants, the law bit is hazy too, could fail and Mot for being a sharp projection but doubt many people would get done that way. There is an issue with them though because OEM merc ones collapse when you touch them, so do the ones on Rollers. Jaguar also fit a big cat to the front of S types in other countries but not allowed here.....there must be a reason!

Ewan, I have a completely different outlook on you now bud, lol

Ewan, I have a completely different outlook on you now bud, lol

Awe come on Mr N, I think it would look very dapper. Your just jealous I saw it 1st :lmfao:

Actually for the sake of the Audi brand I hope he never sells any. (Cue Mr Angry2?)

:lmfao:

Im over in Korea for a bit, and every other car here has these upright bonnet adournments, they are all OEM fit, not daft aftermarket things neither!

Kia/Deawho/Hyundai/Ssangyong/Samsung (yes, Samsung cars) are the only cars you see, and only in white, black or silver.
All with mock 80s Yank Sedan-is type styling.

Very odd.

Paul

Jaguar also fit a big cat to the front of S types in other countries but not allowed here.....there must be a reason!
Having worked at a Jag dealership I've seen X-Types with after-market cats on the front. Well, I say on the front but they were practically half way up the bonnet (and not even where Jag put them in different countries!) Then again, I've also seen an X-Type with Jaguar "R" badges on it, even though Jag never made a X-Type R at that time! That particular car received much guffawing every time it was driven into the workshop (which was, rather worryingly like a lot of jags, very often!)

jaguar-x-type-r-2_460x0w.jpg