HELP PLEASE!!! FOG LIGHT HELL!!!

jmw1200

Reaction score
Hi fellow Audi Strokers

In the process of converting 06 Sportback (2.0 TDI Sport) to an S-Line version.

Had a second hand s-line front bumper repaired and resprayed etc, and it looks champion (especially with the big black grille). Well chuffed.

Here's the problem:
S-line bumper had to have s-line fog lights and fog grilles, but the plugs that come with the fogs, have a different plug than the plug from the car's lighting system. Hope this makes sense.

The guys who fitted it, said i would need a retrofit plug wiring conversion kit, which i could buy from fleabay. However, i can't find it anywhere.

Anybody else encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance :sos:
Jmw

Yeah you can also buy a "repair wire" kit from Audi themselves to do this. You could always bodge them together with bullet connectors then wrap a load of insulation tape round them, job done!

Lee R. Top man.

Any idea exactly what the part number is for the AUDI WIRE REPAIR KIT? or the exact name?

Cheers :yes:

That is the name mate. It's just a single wire that has the normal terminal ends that fit into the connectors used on the car. There are different sizes though but I'm fairly sure most of them are the same.

Found this site:

http://www.nsxjr.com/Audipins.html

And on there:

000-979-133.jpg

i used the exising wires - using thin needle or such, you can remove wire from the holder by bending the locking tab back. You can then bend the tab back out and insert it back into the new holder.