Made the right choice

gynads

Reaction score
Hi all after initially choosing an S3 and then changing my mind countless times (and no doubt annoying lots of salesmen etc in the process!) i have chosen a sprint blue 07 S3 from a local Audi dealership. I have looked at all sorts in the past few months including 911`s MK6 GTi, EVO 8/9`s etc and finally come round full circle back to the S3. It makes so much sense, and after reading your posts on here sounds like i have a lot of fun to look forward to. I had an 02 Ep3 civic Type R which had a fair bit done to it including the Jackson Racing supercharger running 11psi. After losing the LSD on the Humber bridge then melting No1 piston twice! i decided enough was enough, stripped all the expensive parts from the car and sold them on. In the mean time i bought a 1990 red 205 'track prepared' GTI ! have done only one track day so far and im hooked!

I pick the car up on monday and cant wait! i have a few question, i have tried the search option but cant seem to find the answers im looking for?
  • It has a non MFSW , can retro fit one ie is there connections in the existing loom etc
  • Are all REVO maps pretty much the same? or is it best to go to a certain better known agent? my nearest is corten miller near skegness
  • How much should i be looking at paying for a centre arm rest and cruise control
thanks in advance, and i look forward to hearing from you all

P.S ill try post a link of the new car and some pics of the old and current pug , if anyones interested?

cheers, Adam

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1232786.htm

SNC10191.jpg

• It has a non MFSW , can retro fit one ie is there connections in the existing loom etc
  • Are all REVO maps pretty much the same? or is it best to go to a certain better known agent? my nearest is corten miller near skegness
  • How much should i be looking at paying for a centre arm rest and cruise control
1st welcome to the site, good choice & colour.

MFSW can be retrofitted & it would be most likely the FBMFSW & I will probably have one for sale soon given I'm chnaging to something else along same lines, its in new condition, so PM me & when I'm ready I'll reply mate, I can get it installed for you at a cost of course & the cruise would be case of buying the stalk & installing, stalk is about £50 or ebay, but I might have that available aswell, so include this on PM & I'll advise if I can do it or not, but certainly less than audi @£100 an hour, no way huh & armrest is between £70 to £140 on ebay I've seen, just depends on if you want leather or just standard material aswell.

Just send me a PM with what you would like doing unless you want to do by yourself of course.

Also if interested I sell the genuine vagcom for diagnostics for VAG cars, allows fault finding, recoding, tests for boost levels, many many things that audi's tool will do but vagcom is a hugely significant cheaper product.

Revo do have a set map model yes afaik, so shouldnt be any different from tuner to tuner, its only custom map tuners who would be different.

hi, mate im new as well i live in london normally but iv got a business in immingham so im there most of the time and i think i saw your car in RASP in Grimsby? is it yours? because im sure it had the same alloys and it had a private plate?
iv got a black s3 that i brought from lincoln audi 2-3 months......

£100 an hour Nige !! must be cheap down in Sussex, £150 an hour in Surrey mate...:laugh:

hi, mate im new as well i live in london normally but iv got a business in immingham so im there most of the time and i think i saw your car in RASP in Grimsby? is it yours? because im sure it had the same alloys and it had a private plate?
iv got a black s3 that i brought from lincoln audi 2-3 months......

Yeah that's mine! John looks after my cars, were you having some work on the Audi or is the works scooby yours! Did you notice the lack of engine in the civic! Need to get shot

Yeah that's mine! John looks after my cars, were you having some work on the Audi or is the works scooby yours! Did you notice the lack of engine in the civic! Need to get shot

i go to simon thorpe motor hes good with germans and done all my other cars if i see u there again i will stop by... prob go the tommorow to see wat hes up to... the red wheeld type r killed me when i tryed to race him...

Yeah the red wheeled one is a lad called karl, his is roughly the same cpec mine was, i think i was running slightly more boost (3.2" pulley) . what mods does yours have Hserce?

Yeah the red wheeled one is a lad called karl, his is roughly the same cpec mine was, i think i was running slightly more boost (3.2" pulley) . what mods does yours have Hserce?
iv only got a forge blow off spacer... but look like milltek or blueflame zorst is on the next list or newwheels dnt know yet, if you see me flash me i live in immingham normally as i own a chippie there... my car is blak with private plate starting H4

The CTC is a great car, loved mine, chose it over the Bug eye Subaru actually.
Epic bang for buck nowadays.

BUT, as good as it was, I really would struggle to have one now after an S3 (it is MUCH more money of course).

The right choice indeed mate.
Enjoy:icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

Paul

Thanks paul! your car CV reads well bit of a jap jump in the middle! yeah im loving the Audi since ive taken delivery, really nice drive.

Hserce, which chippy is it? my pal lives in ming so i`m there a bit . What do you make of the spacer? was it easy to fit etc? ill pop in for a chip butty soon!

Thanks paul! your car CV reads well bit of a jap jump in the middle! yeah im loving the Audi since ive taken delivery, really nice drive.

Hserce, which chippy is it? my pal lives in ming so i`m there a bit . What do you make of the spacer? was it easy to fit etc? ill pop in for a chip butty soon!

I own the chippie across manny road, it's the one with the big layby it's called millards on pelham road.... If u come will show u the forge blow off spacer.. Took 2mins to fit

Ah yeah I know the one, well a lad from work with a re-mapped one is coming over tonight we could have a mini meet! Does the spacer sound good?

Ah yeah I know the one, well a lad from work with a re-mapped one is coming over tonight we could have a mini meet! Does the spacer sound good?

yh spacer sounds nice,but i finsh at 10 tonite as 1 of my staff called in sick, we can meet if u want mate.. where at seafront?

Ah gutted I'm out for a meal tonight the lad I work with is from Barton and is coming over pretty soon, I'm sure we can sort something out for another time:blownose:

yea, could do if u can just pop in to the chippie and ask for Hasan thats me..
if u can pop today ill see ur ride :D