A3 Haldex coupling

aderowlands

Reaction score
Pardon me for being a bit dim but I confess to not being overly mechanicaly minded but does my 2006 plate A3 2.0 tdi which is front wheel drive have a haldex coupling ir is it something only found on 4wd cars?

Surely only a Haldex car (badged Quattro) would have a Haldex Coupling.

Here is some more info on one: link

Thats what I was thinking, that its something only on 4wd models, but was just wanting to confirm the fact. As I said, I'm not overly mechanically minded. Just hit 51.000 miles on the clock and saw this haldex service at 40, 000 miles in my owners manual while looking for something else and thought uh-oh, if I've got one it must be ready to go bang. Atleast its only the headlight I've got to worry about now. Thanks for the link.

Only the Quattro cars have the haldex fitted. The haldex controller controls the amount of drive going to the rear wheels, its located on the rear diff.

Confirms what I thought, but just leafing through my service booklet the tech left some boxes on some things I know my car doesnt have unchecked but checked that the haldex hadnt ben serviced so just confused my poor little brain. Its been a long week...