Chris NottEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Blue fin or not??

Been searching for many remaps and im undecided wheather to get the blue fin! the thing that pull to it is the fact you can upgrade to stage2 for free and put the car to standard whenever you want??!! Has anyone had the blue fin on there 2.0tfsi sline ?? Or should just go APR Revo route ?? I used to have a 1.8t with an agressive map and loved the feeling when it surged in but the superchips / blue fin looks a very smooth map?? Any advise would be appreciated

thanks

chris

ps is a 3" DP worth it if i keep stock exhaust from that??
    Audi S3 8L 2001 imola yellow autobahn tip, heatshield, metal mesh cone filter, apr r1 DV, REVO stage1, SPS box, Weitec coilovers, forge short shift kit, bosch aero wipers, 20mm rear spacers Wanted 3"Dp Decat rear arms pm me

my progress thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ss-thread.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    I had Bluefin on my 2.0T and it was great. If buying again I would go for a 7 day trial with BF and with Revo and see how they both feel.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

1st Gear

Status
    Im doing that but revo says only lasts 5 hours??n didnt know you could get 7 days??
    Audi S3 8L 2001 imola yellow autobahn tip, heatshield, metal mesh cone filter, apr r1 DV, REVO stage1, SPS box, Weitec coilovers, forge short shift kit, bosch aero wipers, 20mm rear spacers Wanted 3"Dp Decat rear arms pm me

my progress thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ss-thread.html

is a retronaut

Status
    5 hours? Oh right! BF is a 7 days trial. With the Revo do you have to take it back to them?
    8P2 S3

3rd Gear

Status
    The 5 hour trial is 5 hours driving time i.e. ignition on, wheels turning.

Hope this helps.

Not sure what you means Staz about do you have to take it back?
    Pragmatik ICT
    Revo (VAG & Porsche) & Steinbauer Dealer for Suffolk & N.Essex
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport DSG Revo Stage 1 & 2
    Porsche Boxster S Revo Stage 1

is a retronaut

Status
    Take it back to put the car back to standard. I find it a little strange if they can put a map on that lasts 5 hours and then the ECU goes back to complete standard with no trace of the map.
    8P2 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    so....with these bluefin chips, you can take it on and off when you please, no hassle ?

i have a company car you see and would want to be sure i could remove without any trace if it goes in for service etc

appreciate any help
    A4 Cabriolet 2.0T S line special edition

Past motors
    -Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
    -Peugeot 205 GTI
    -Vauxhall Nova SR

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    so....with these bluefin chips, you can take it on and off when you please, no hassle ?

i have a company car you see and would want to be sure i could remove without any trace if it goes in for service etc

appreciate any help
    yes you can, basically you get a hand held dongle which you plug into the car and it uploads the map into the ECU, when you want to take the map off the ECU you just plug the dongle into the car and it removes it and if you want to reload it after the service just plug it back in again. simple.

Never satisfied

Status
    I have bluefin on my 170 tdi and i love it , so simply to put on and take off , if yours is a company car would you not need to let the insurance company know ?

Very worst case you have an accident ( i said very worst case ) you insurance could be void unless i am mistaken.

1st Gear

Status
    What is the likely effect of using a remap over the longer term? Seems like it would take my 140CR up to approx. 170, but I'm seeing Audi have uprated some engine components specifically for the 170CR engine.
    Would that suggest that the engine (or parts thereof) is going to 'die' early using remaps? Oddly enough, this potential side-effect doesn't seem to be mentioned a great deal in the sales blah...
    Last edited by d3mon; 12th October 2009 at 13:40.
    '09 A3 2.0 TDI Black Edition 140PS
    Got: Bose, Xenon Plus, LED DRLs
    , FBMFSW, 18" 7 Twin-Spoke 'Titanium' Wheels, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoker pack, Debadged
    Want sooner:
    S3 pedals, VCDS (VagCom), LaminX front lights
    Maybe later:
    RNS-e (or equivalent), 19" Wheels (as above)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
    What is the likely effect of using a remap over the longer term? Seems like it would take my 140CR up to approx. 170, but I'm seeing Audi have uprated some engine components specifically for the 170CR engine.
    Would that suggest that the engine (or parts thereof) is going to 'die' early using remaps? Oddly enough, this potential side-effect doesn't seem to be mentioned a great deal in the sales blah...

No it will be fine, i have had Bluefin on my TDI 140 for nearly 40k and it does not use any oil, rattle etc, my mate is the master tec at Audi too and he says nothing has warn any diff from a standard one, Bluefin is fantastic, i have just taken mine off due to the car being sold and it feels rubbish now, really poor throttle reponse, let alone the missing power and torque !