faulty flywheel wanted

tdi-man

Reaction score
any body help im after a faulty flywheel.....for bkd engine

hi what was up with it can you see it is knackered ? just thinking in advance incase warrenty people want to come out and inspec mine but im sure mines knackered anyway ?

thanks

I'm not sure. Just know that it made very loud vibrating noises that you could hear a mile away! Very scary so got it changed

ok m8 im phoneing um up monday so will let you know if they want to inspec mine i dont think they will as it's only £330.00 plus labour to do the job

Good deal. Are they only doing flywheel or flywheel + clutch?

flywheel and clutch cheapest i found was euro car parts for 432.00inc vat including the release bearing plus 250.00inc vat fitting...

claims limit is 500 so i got a bit to pay
whats the of set on a3 8p et54 ?

garage phoned insurance company today but they want garage to take gearbox of so garage can inspec flywheel..
what should it look like if it's knackered which im sure it is..
turbo been sent away today to get reconed should be back by friday i hope...

got my car back today from my friends garage after fitting my recon turbo+new gaskets. New Sachs flywheel and clutch and slave, also fitted a new starter motor and a new egr oil cooler. plus oil and filter change.

old flywheel was completely knacked loads of play up down and side to side. clutch wasn't to bad.

fitted new starter and egr cooler due to milage of car.
starts fine when warm now and will see if the engine shacks tomo but all should be good i hope.
gearbox has to much play in the input shaft so have sorced a recon box to fit in a few weeks.
Have changed both drive shafts and done cam belt and water pump since bought car a few months ago...
hopefully when box is in that will be it for abit.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HAVE LOADS OF PLAY IN THE INPUT SHAFT OF THE GEARBOX....