Concert 3 in 2003 8P

redmanphil

Reaction score
I have got my mits on a virtually brand new Concert 3. Problem is my 53 plate has the old style ISO plugs. Is there adaptor I can buy so I can install the Concert?
I had a serach, but its so confusing with all the different versions.
:faint:

Ye auto leads do one its called a quad adaptor or something along them lines. you need to chose a bose or non-bose version. they around £20-30 on ebay look for rns-e adaptor

Ye auto leads do one its called a quad adaptor or something along them lines. you need to chose a bose or non-bose version. they around £20-30 on ebay look for rns-e adaptor

Is it straight plug in, or will i need to switch any cables about?

You'll need to add a safe wire next to the power pin in the quadlock. Link the +12V to the empty pin above it.

ALso if you have BOSE it's in a different position on the 12 pin connector B than the RNS-E, move it from 7 to 5 if you have BOSE.

You will also need a dual Fakra adaptor to join the two HF fakra connectors to the one ISO connector of the existing radio. The existing setup is HF/ZF and the new radio is HF/HF, so the idea is to connect both HF's to the one HF and not use the ZF.

I recently fitted a concert in my 2003....Had to buy the adapter from kufatec which came in about 60 quid.

ALso if you have BOSE it's in a different position on the 12 pin connector B than the RNS-E, move it from 7 to 5 if you have BOSE.
-------------

Think that might be 3 to 7 actually.

RNSEBlock.jpg

From red 3 to green 7

Last edited:
No it's 5, I've checked on ELsawin

5 - BOSE coding to earth (only with BOSE)

3 is the AUX in

3 - NF in, earth (low frequency) (not used)

Basically you need the Kufatec adaptor for your options, I would just gof or everything TEL, CD and select BOSE or non BOSE depending on what sound system you have. This one is specifically for Concert II+ or COncert 3, whatever you wnat to call it.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...head-unit-BNS-5-0--Concert-3--Symphony-3.html

Now the cheap way to do the antenna is with a Y splitter like this

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1396_VW-antenna-adapter---junction---FAKRA.html

And the ISO adaptor like this.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p200_Audi-antenna-adapter-head-unit-RNS-E.html

Using these 3 components it should be plug and play....

Basically you need the Kufatec adaptor for your options, I would just gof or everything TEL, CD and select BOSE or non BOSE depending on what sound system you have. This one is specifically for Concert II+ or COncert 3, whatever you wnat to call it.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...head-unit-BNS-5-0--Concert-3--Symphony-3.html

Now the cheap way to do the antenna is with a Y splitter like this

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1396_VW-antenna-adapter---junction---FAKRA.html

And the ISO adaptor like this.

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p200_Audi-antenna-adapter-head-unit-RNS-E.html

Using these 3 components it should be plug and play....

So I need all 3 of them?

Phil

Well basically your car may have two antenna connections for the current radio. The HF connection on a standard ISO plug and the ZF on a mauve coloured FAKRA. We are only interested in the HF connection, so we need to convert that to FAKRA for the new concert II+. The third lead does this, it takes the ISO and gives you a FAKRA.

Now the concert II+ needs 2x HF feeds and the second leads splits the single HF connection into two connectors for the dual HF required by the concert II+.

Clear as mud.

HF - ISO ---> FAKRA ---> FAKRA - HF1
.............................\--> FAKRA - HF2

Ignore the dots, they were just to make the spacing correct.

No it's 5, I've checked on ELsawin

5 - BOSE coding to earth (only with BOSE)

3 is the AUX in

3 - NF in, earth (low frequency) (not used)

Sorry Pat but craigs spot on as I had to do this way back.

Well basically your car may have two antenna connections for the current radio. The HF connection on a standard ISO plug and the ZF on a mauve coloured FAKRA. We are only interested in the HF connection, so we need to convert that to FAKRA for the new concert II+. The third lead does this, it takes the ISO and gives you a FAKRA.

Now the concert II+ needs 2x HF feeds and the second leads splits the single HF connection into two connectors for the dual HF required by the concert II+.

Clear as mud.

HF - ISO ---> FAKRA ---> FAKRA - HF1
.............................\--> FAKRA - HF2

Ignore the dots, they were just to make the spacing correct.

Fakra that, lol, for this effort I'd get an rns-e & get all the extra features aswell

Sorry Pat but craigs spot on as I had to do this way back.

Fakra that, lol, for this effort I'd get an rns-e & get all the extra features aswell

You could send me cash to buy one could you mate? Wish I could afford one. Drool!

lol, yes that a fair point mate, but if I was you I'd save up the cash then swap over as same antenna system as your car iirc for the rns-e, well worth the dough, really is, even for the sd slots

Oh good grief..... i moved mine from 3 to 7 !! when i fitted my RNS-E

oops, lol, hey we all do it, dont tell anyone, shhhhhhhhhh, but I didnt move my bose wire until some 6-9 months after the upgrade, lol, I was learning still & tbh still am on alot of car things.

well this is the post craig sent when i didnt know what to do..

Whatever you do just make sure that you move it out of pin 3 and into pin 7. Make sure also that it does go back to the brown BOSE wire on the 8 pin plug. Although looking at it, the wire could go to the one adjacent as that is DWA-GND or alarm ground which is also a ground pin so has the same affect as the BOSE wire.

I always get 3 and 5 the wrong way around, 3 is the VSIG for the RNS-E and 5 is the K line, so that's why I muddle them up.

My apologies if that is what I originally posted.

Last edited:
Well i followed the mauve wire from the car plug that went to Bose on the Symphony and it went to the number 3 pin so i moved it to the No.7 pin on the quad lock. It worked because the sound went from mega base back to a much better/even BOSE sound.

Last edited:
This is the Symphony diagram. The bose is marked

DSC_0001-7.jpg

This is the corisponding plug from the car with Bose bottom right/mauve. When pluged into the quadlock that mauve wire goes to No3 !

DSC_0002-10.jpg

What is the speed signal ?
1 - Most ring BREAK
2 - CDC NF GND
3 - V-signal (speed signal for 4B0.... RNS e)
4 - U14R-2
5 - K-LINE
6 - CDC DATA out
7 - BOSE pin
8 - CDC NF left IN
9 - CDC NF right IN
10 - U14 ST CDC
11 - CDC DATA IN
12 - CDC- DATA CLK

Speed signal is for A6 RNS-E where the can bus does not carry the speed signal so it is provided on a discreet wire. It can also be used in 8L A3 and B5 A4.

So tomorrow i take the wire out of 5 and put it in 7......what do i do with the mauve wire i took from 3 and put in 7 ??? put it back in 3 ??

OK Craig i will have another look tomorrow, many thanks.