Auto headlights lights off when locking car

navnayyar

Reaction score
hi! saw this on a rangerover, as the driver walked out of the car and locked it with his keys, the xenon lights stayed on for a couple of secs before they went off them selves. Am guessing this is as simple as some coding. Does anyone know more about this? Am sure some audi's also have this feature. Thanks

I thought it was bad for HID's when you turned the engine on/off with the lights switched on? Jump in voltage or something :s maybe talking sh*t though.

Does anyone in staffs with vagcom want to give me a hand doing mine?

I thought it was bad for HID's when you turned the engine on/off with the lights switched on

For those of us who now have zenons :) I think you'll find that the fog lights are the coming home/leaving home lights not the headlights. They are on mine anyway.

Well the CH/LH is different on the 8P & A4 B6/7 I know of, I liked it on my S4 when fogs were used, but 8P does indeed use the headlights, crappy but hey, also the only issues wth xenons being turned on/off when engine is of is it flattens the battery very quickly.

On my S3 they are the main headlights. The function can be turned on/off with a switch

For those of us who now have Xenons :) I think you'll find that the fog lights are the coming home/leaving home lights not the headlights. They are on mine anyway.

Thanks for that Nigel :sorry:, I'm just so excited I now have Xenons, thought they'd be the same on the A3. The retro fit I was gonna do would probably have cost me more than what I paid for the new A4 in PX.

lol, yeah its rich for xenons mate but what a superb difference huh, wouldnt be without especially the adaptive ones, they're greattttttttttttttt round corners.

On my S3 they are the main headlights. The function can be turned on/off with a switch

Mine are definately fogs with DRLs...

Pardon the glare....

19092009131.jpg

Sorry you're saying your fogs & drl's light up for the CH/LH function on the facelift, not your headlights

Mine are definately fogs with DRLs...

Pardon the glare....

Well, thats unusual. To be truthful I don't even know my fogs work LOL....never tried them, but its definitely my headlights that come on and not the fogs