Projector headlights s3

mark a4 tdi

Reaction score
i have a set of s3 headlights 4my tdi a3 but the plugs are different. has anyone else had this problem or know what i can do to fit them. thanks

depends on which xenons they are, image?

halogen/xenon are 10 pin, bixenon/bixenon adaptive are 14 pin

I have done this..

however, the plugs on mine were the same, and just plugged in straight,

i did mess around with the wires, as i didnt have ballasts or bulbs, so i fitted a 35w HID kit to them, theres some messing around with the wires that needs to be done, but i can confirm that they work without any problems.

also if this is of any use too your self, drop me a pm and il try and get more detailed info too you about the wires to cut etc...

Not the same at all mate, given you actually used an aftermarket kit in oem xenon headlights, he is asking about using the oem kit on his car, he needs to change plugs & rewire to work on his car, no need for an aftermarket kit & chopping wires for the kit, he can get these lights running on his car as they are with some knowledge of course.

yeah i agree with you there, however a mate of mine did just plug and play a3 xenons into his a3, they were the normal xenons not "bi-xenon"

Thats cause as I said mate halogens & standard single vision xenons have 10 pin plug & can be plugged straight in but will not utilise levellers & maybe have a warning in DIS, but work perfectly, bixenons as he seems to imply are not the same

I have done this..

however, the plugs on mine were the same, and just plugged in straight,

i did mess around with the wires, as i didnt have ballasts or bulbs, so i fitted a 35w HID kit to them, theres some messing around with the wires that needs to be done, but i can confirm that they work without any problems.

also if this is of any use too your self, drop me a pm and il try and get more detailed info too you about the wires to cut etc...
any probs with wiper motor...after fitment of aftermarket hid kit?