Stuck on head unit to Phatbox connections!

chrisn900

Reaction score
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
I've purchased a phatbox and cable .
The cable has a round connector at one end which connects to the phatbox
My head unit is a standard concert cd player (06 plate car)
I'm very stuck on how to connect the cable to the head unit, the blue connector on other end of cable is , i believe, a mini iso one. Have i got the wrong connector as I can find nowhere to plug it.
Can i remove the wires from the blue connector and insert them into one of the existing connectors
I've taken some pictures , but don't know how to post them on here.
Please help a confused old buffer who is feeling miserable at not being able to play with his new toy !
Thanks
moz-screenshot-2.jpg

Last edited:
sorry , I thought I'd figured out how to post a pic
I'm off to have a think now before I annoy anyone : ((

Alright mate,

seems like you have the same setup as me. Haven't seen your pics yet but it sounds like you need this adapter;

562_0.jpg

I needed it when I fitted my phatnoise to my concert 2 HU. Bought it from here;

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p562_Adapter---VW-Audi---Dividable-Mini-ISO.html

You need to join the blue mini ISO block to the green and yellow mini ISO blocks to form one rectangular ISO block that goes into the back of the HU. Your existing cables go into the red part of the adapter.

Hope this helps. Any questions fire way...

is this to hook up a subwoofer to the standard concert head unit?

im thinking of adding a subwoofer to mine and was wondering how to do it but still keep the standard head unit...

Just a guess,but could you use the wiring from the standard subwoofer in the boot?
Extend the wires to your new subwoofer ???

I've got all these cables now and connected them as indicated
There is no power to the phatbox, no lights come on the unit,the cd radio still works but there is nothing from the phatbox.
Do I need to earth it or something ?
If so, how please ???

Alright Chris mate, how's the install going?

Yes, the Phatbox will only power up once it's earthed.

Does your mini ISO cable into the back of the HU have a brown earth coming off it too?

hi RS84
No, there appears to be no brown earth lead from the blue mini iso connector from the phatbox to the hu
Do you know where I have to put one and where to ??

Power, lights, music !!
I've worked out how and where to earth the unit, it's all working now, so I just have to take 'Alfred' to bits to route the cable.
I can manage that, as it's just a case of unclipping bits of trim and removing the glovebox etc.
Thanks for all your help !!

unit will be mounted in boot on passenger side.
That's where I've read it's best to put it for ease of wiring run.