2006 A3 SPORTBACK SPORT - S LINE CONVERSION

jmw1200

Reaction score
Hi Audi Strokers

I'm a newbie, so if this thread has already been discussed, please use smileys to kick me in the Dali jewels!

I've just got a 2006 A3 SPORTBACK, 2.0 SPORT TDI. It's proper Kabro.

I want to get the S-Line front and rear bumpers and roof spoiler. Know the roof spoiler will fit no probs, but i have the following questions about the bumpers:

Front bumper:
1) Will it just fit on no probs?
2) How much are the fins which go inside the bumper?
3) Will my current fog lights fit in the bumper, or are the s -line fogs different?

Rear bumper:
1) Will it just fit no probs?
2) It appears lower than the Sport bumper, so will i need to get a different exhaust?

Thanks a lot in advance

Jonny

Hello Jonny and welcome.

If you're looking to go from an 8P2 sport to 8P2 S-line then you won't have problems fitting it as far as I know. If you're going from an 8P1 (i.e. split grill) then it's not so straight forward. There's a link in the FAQs to a thread about it.

Fins? Not sure what you mean there, someone else will I bet.

Not sure about the other questions though.

Hi chap,

I will have a top half 2009 S3 bumper for sale and a valance from a 08 sportback available for sale soon if you are interested.

Cheers N8

Stazatron

I'm getting hypnotized by your spinning head. Like it.

Went through the FAQ but could only find info on the single grill to big grill conversion, which i don't need.

By fins, i mean the plastic pieces which hold the fog lights in, at the bottom corners of the bumper. On the sport they have two fins, and the s line only one fin.

Cheers
Jonny

Stazatron

I'm getting hypnotized by your spinning head. Like it.

Went through the FAQ but could only find info on the single grill to big grill conversion, which i don't need.

By fins, i mean the plastic pieces which hold the fog lights in, at the bottom corners of the bumper. On the sport they have two fins, and the s line only one fin.

Cheers
Jonny

Stazatron! I'll have to add that one to the list :)

Yeah I can't think of an specific thread about going from one grill to another within the same version as I think it's literally as easy and bolt on bolt off.

The fins are part of the whole fog light insert mate and they're a different shape so you'd need to source them too. The fogs themselves I don't know. I would expect them to be the same but you never know with Audis!

I would take N8 up on his S3 grill offer though :thumbsup: I'm sure he'd be able to give you all the advice you need when fitting too.