Got kufatec...what next?

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys,

Got the kufatec adaptor off Nate for my RNSE :) so what do I need next?

I am to order the plug for it but I think I have decided upon Ipod control which I think is an alpine unit???

What else is there?

I currently have an audi ipod doc in my glovebox - you can directly swop this with your cd changer so if anyone is interested, please let me know!

Last edited:
Well first of all you need the Unit!!!

What plug are you talking about B?

But is the alpine one the best to get??

I dont know about the plug, I have the part number written down at home to order from audi

If it's iPod control you want I'm pretty sure that the Alpine kit is the one to have at the moment.

Haven't come across anything better yet.

Chris

If you could lick your own balls Nate you would huh, lol.

& whats this plug you're on about AJ?

& when are you going to treat your car to a genuine vagcom cable, hint hint nudge nudge

The plug he is talking about is the one which goes into the back of the rns, because when i removed the adapter out of nathans A3 i had to leave the plug in place because it uses the same plug as the AUX jack in the centre console, so just removed the wires from plug.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-RNS-E-Al...s_SM?hash=item588385ff57&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Make sure you get the double headphone socket so you can make use of the remote and the rns controls

You need to buy the plug and insert all wires, install the media adapter, some wires need piggy backing on to can wires and power wires etc
The rns needs coding for VIM (Video in motion)
rns needs coding for the video adapter

Aha bistro becomes clear now the 32 pin plug, I got the G version for me so should be fine for Andy, cost is pennies

matt - do you have a how too to do this?

got the alpine kce for my bday!

It's the mod for my car I'm most looking forward to getting! When you've got it up and running let us know what you think of it (coz whilst I've watched Hazzydays youtube vid .... they're trying to sell it so I wouldn't expect them to say anything negative!)

Chris