A3 8P WINDOW SWITCH

Marcosline

Petrol Feet
Reaction score
:s3addict::hi: Hi,my first post on here.I have owned my A3 3.2 Sline DSG for just over 2 years and am very pleased with it, however have decided to replace the driver side window switch and I would appreciate if any one can shed any light as to weather you need to remove the door card and if so is it a case as with previous cars I have owned by undoing screws and carefully popping the clips around the edge of the card. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site.

Yes door card of & you need to remove the piano black trim or alum to get to the bolts behind & 1 at bottom of door card, then slightly squeeze finger behind & slowly go round popping each clip of, dont bull in a china shop or you'll break the lot, patients is always good, then lift it up & away slowly given wires & door lock hook & remove the door lock hooked retainer, then undo the clipped in looms, then she's of, remove the grab arm which is held in place with about 5-6 small torx headed screws, then remove switch from that, remember the 2 screws on the facing side of the grab arm & do them 1st or you'll snap it of as that part is weaker than rest.

Rest should be obvious & do in reverse to fit back but test everything before putting back & you might have errors on windows & door module due to this in vagcom which if you dont have then either ask someone near to you to check the car or buy vagcom, from me, lol, auto function on window is restored by holding in up & down positions a few times then it will work on auto up/down again, voila.

To be honest I don't know but it's pretty easy to take the door card off and then you'll be able to see from the inside. It may be easier that way anyway as you don't have to worry about perhaps letting the cable drop down by accident.

EDIT: Aha there you go then. There's a link to a thread for door card removal in the FAQs sticky.