I am learning SLOWLY.

crypric23

Never satisfied
Reaction score
So i recently started doing a few things on my car for the first time , and today i did this with help purely from this forum !

I started with this in my car

Bought this

IMG_0240.jpg

Got this far

IMG_0246.jpg

and ende up with this..

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

Very pleased , only issue i had was with the mic from the old to new.

Makes it look load better.

I know this mod has been done loads by other people , and my way was a bit of a plug and play , But with out this forum i am sure Audi would of relieved me of a nice sum !

And they would of never even known about changing to led's!
:respekt:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job mate .. If you dont mind me asking from where and how much did ou pay for that unit .. And if you bought it from dealer can you please give me the part number.

Thanks

From Dave at stoke audi , i do not know the part number as i bought a shed load of things and they do not list the description on the invoice. Was about £ 65 ish.

Pm Dave tell him its the one he sourced Patrick in Manchester , he will know me i seem to be on the phone every day to him at the moment !

Last edited:
"Very pleased , only issue i had was with the mic from the old to new."

Mic ??

Looking good. My have to do this myself...If i need any advise would be ok to contact you? Must say i saw your car in the detailing thread probably the best looking sportsback i've seen mate! Looks very aggressive. Cant wait till Nate does my car.

does look a lot better, I have the same bog standard one like you though its light grey in colour.

As per Paddy, what mic issue? did you have problems getting old one out?

The mic from the hands free was in the old unit ( if you have blue tooth ) , getting it out was a bit tricky, as said i am learning slowly ! Its really strait forward.

The mic from the hands free was in the old unit ( if you have blue tooth ) , getting it out was a bit tricky, as said i am learning slowly ! Its really strait forward.

Picture 1 and 2 show the 2 different units ,

Map reading lights for one, but the red ambient down lights are what i was after , as they are really nice when its dark they light up the front nicely on long drives it make's a difference ( for me anyway ! )

There are several threads how to add these on there own , but i just went for the whole unit as , i am a beginner ! plus i had no map lights which will be handy when our new baby comes !

Picture 1 and 2 show the 2 different units ,

Map reading lights for one, but the red ambient down lights are what i was after , as they are really nice when its dark they light up the front nicely on long drives it make's a difference ( for me anyway ! )

There are several threads how to add these on there own , but i just went for the whole unit as , i am a beginner ! plus i had no map lights which will be handy when our new baby comes !

Morning - Just reading this thread, think I'm gonna go down this avenue as my first mod as it looks really good! You say there are threads about modding just the red ambient down lights? Is this easy? cant find any links etc?
Cheers