Delivery times?

tku

Reaction score
hey guys im new! just joined like 2 mins ago..basically question i wanted to ask was whether audi waiting times that u get given are reliable or whether they usually come late or on time?..i ordered my s3 like 3 weeks ago and they have said end of dec maybe jan which sucks cos VAT is going back up....but yeah any help would be appreciated and i look forward to getting some good advice once the car comes! albeit im gonna be poor! ha! :)

Hey i would like to know this too, i ordered mine just over a week ago and they quoted mid december but alerted me to the fact if it goes into to jan i would have to pay the extra VAT, also is it delivery or just the build week they quote you?

Im hoping mid jan for the best, as if it comes any earlier its a bonus, its killing me already the wait though, need something else to occupy my mind.

Keep us updated on any progress though tku, and welcome to the board!

10 to 12 weeks is quite normal for any new A3/S3 as they are all built to order.

I ordered a new A3 back in mid February 2009 and it was built during the week beginning 13 April (8 weeks from order to build) and I took delivery on 28 April (a further 2 weeks) making a total of 10 weeks.

Well i ordered mine on the 17th of sep, so the 17th of dec will make it 12 weeks, that would be amazing if i got it before xmas, hey tku i currently have an 07 S3, when i ordered it they quoted 5 months and although that is long it was delivered bang on the button to the date they quoted, so that hopefully might be something to go by

Well i haven't been given a build week yet, all i have been told is delivery time/estimate. Are the dealers supposed to give you a build week or do they notify you abit later on?. The wait is quite agonising as i also have to put my old car up for sale so its quite frustrating not really knowing when the car is coming! . And as for the VAT its gonna cost us another £500 if it comes in january. Hope my grammar is better for this post moderator. :) Oh and my car better come before yours Johnny!

5 months? :( have you not been given a delivery date either? I just want a date! :)

Yeah but it was back in 2007 when the car industry was in a better state than right now, all the dealer showed me was his screen that said mid december so i havent been giving any official date, he did say they would contact me 2 weeks from when i ordered it to confirm this, so the phonecall should hopefully be this thursday, you should maybe ring them tku

It appears Audi have greatly reduced the production of Uk cars, hence Audi Uk not having any stock to sell and Uk cars only being built to order. I made enquiries on sunday re ordering a new S3, was told I would not be able to order a car at that dealership until Jan 2010 for March delivery. Apparently the group/dealership has sold all there slots and not just for the S3, salesman said he would love to sell me a car, but couldn't. Although cars maybe available through other groups/dealerships.

I think I would be pushing for more info, if they have taken your order they should be able to provide lead times etc.

Mark

This is true, dealership have allocations and once they have used these, they will have to wait until further allocations are available to them.

Yeah def true, my first dealership quoted march which was quite shocking, then the 3rd place i went to initially said early december, but when i went back to order it a week after it had moved to mid december, they were a big dealership so i figured its prob the best im gonna get locally

Gonna ring them fri if i dont hear anything by then

I ordered my S3 mid August. I had a phone call about a week ago from the stealer giving me a build week of 36 which he said was 3 weeks away, i.e. 2nd week in October and that I can expect it to be available very early Noveber or possibly late October making a wait of 10 weeks total, so just 4 week to go now for me!!

:s3addict:

Welcome tku!

Audi is pretty spot on with there build times should not vary by more than a week.

What colur did u order?

and what extras?

I ordered my S3 mid August. I had a phone call about a week ago from the stealer giving me a build week of 36 which he said was 3 weeks away, i.e. 2nd week in October and that I can expect it to be available very early Noveber or possibly late October making a wait of 10 weeks total, so just 4 week to go now for me!!

:s3addict:

Ah im jealous, bet you cant wait, i rekon the last 2 weeks will be tough for ya, what colour / spec you gone for?

Ah im jealous, bet you cant wait, i rekon the last 2 weeks will be tough for ya, what colour / spec you gone for?

Manual, Phantom Black, BOSE, Symphony, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Cruise Control, Luggage Pack. I will be upgrading to the RNS-E almost straight away also!

Luckily I'm pretty busy at work for the next month so hopefully it will fly by!!

I ordered my S3 on 3 May with estimated delivery date of 31 July.

I collected it today after nearly a 5 month wait - worth it though:yes:

So they failed on estimated delivery time but, the healthy discount might have had something to do with that!

I ordered towards the end of june and collected last friday. So 10-12 weeks is probably the norm.

I factory ordered my A3 Sportback mid june and collected mid sept. Was quoted end of sept/start of oct because of the factory shutting for 3 weeks over summer but they made this time up and collected mine after 12 weeks.

As for the dates its not confirmed until the factory lock it then you cant change your mind about options and also you will be given a definite delievery date by then as they know when the car will be produced.

Just bear in mind about changing the order. I tried and it was too late but had already made some changes so wasnt too concerned.

Nice car mate dont forget pics when you get it!

As for allocations my mate has being trying to order a new golf gti and cant at all until mid jan apparently VW wont allow any dealers to even place a factory order until then as all allocations have been used up...seems crazy people want to buy expensive cars still but the manufacturer is dictating they wont build them?!

Well I wouldn`t be so concerned, they are not building new cars cause they already got a full schedule!!

So believe me the Car Manufactures have nothing to worry about!

Recession my a**!!!!

indeed, the manufacturers have/had reduced the UK allocation as due to the change in the value of the £ they were better from a financial point of view making cars for elsewhere, basically the economy in terms of car sales has picked up and they have only allocated a certain amount to UK, hence the shortage on cars for here. Bearing in mind each dealer/group gets a certain allocation of cars so shopping around will get one sooner. My current A3 was already on order for the dealers showroom, i changed the spec and it went factory confirmed a few days later, got it in no time at all. Not the same with my present order, it's on the boat at present, but total will have been about 2.5 months

Well 2,5 months is pretty much ok.

Remember when the first A3 Facelifts were released? The 1.4TFSi had a waiting period of around 6-8 months!!!

Don`t know about UK, but thats what happened in the rest of Europe!

i think 2.5 is about right, my dealer still had allocation left. He did tell me a Sportback would be built sooner than a 3 door after the annual holiday they have in August.

So is there a good chance i will get mine around 18th dec if i ordered on 18th sep? Audi said they be would be ringing me today on the actual build week, so hopefully i will get some good news

By the way i ordered the S3 sportback

Your dealer will only be able to give you a confirmed build week once it goes confirmed, they do not seem to know the exact date that orders go from 'ordered' to 'confirmed'. Just best to call them and ask. I would have thought that 2 months would be best case, however you did not order before the august factory shut down, which adds a couple of weeks i guess

Now I understand why my S4 is taking so long. i got mine confirmed last week 4 weeks prior to build.

Looks like i might need to give dealers a call then!. Ive not been told anything yet regarding 'build week' so hopefully they will be able to tell me alot more. To be honest with you talking on this forum and asking questions is now making my worth that much more painful! and it has only been 4 weeks! so hopefully just 8 more. :)

Update!

The dealer rang me yesterday, they havent got a confirmed build week but he said the good news is that its all on schedule and i wont get pushed into january, he said it might even come a week early.

So just around 2.5 months for me, hey tku you should give them a call if your after any updates

Hey so does that mean you have escaped the VAT increase?! I think our problem might be the fact we have been told december/january which at the moment is slightly vague and i am really not wanting to have to pay £500 more. Can you imagine if the car gets registered on January 1st? I would be upset! Yeah I will give them a call tomorrow :)

What spec did you order Johnny? and when did you place your order?

Well i dont think its a definate that its not gonna slip into january but he did say that he believes its gonna come in december, he did give a reason to which i cant remember but i remember him saying that im quite lucky as most cars are now going into jan, i do believe him he seems a straight up nice guy (believe it or not)

I have gone for S3 sportback, Ibis white, Open sky sunroof, bucket seats, bose sound system, symphony, i would of added the flat bottom steering wheel and centre armrest if these were not now standard

Thinking about tinting the windows for a cheaper price than the privacy glass option too.

I ordered it on the 17th sep so fingers crossed it will arrive around that week in december.

Can you not simply ask the dealer to raise the invoice on 30 day terms?

Ok! Update! :) I recieved a phone call from dealer today which was surprising and they have told me that my order isnt confirmed yet but the build week is 47 which they also told me should mean that my car is due in mid december. They sounded quite optimistic too that my car should be here by that time thus avoiding the tax so for now all is good. :)

Good to hear it tku, sounds like good news, they sounded optimistic with me too so hopefully we will have them around the same time, have you got any mods planned?

Im contemplating a milltek exhaust. Have thought about remap but just want to enjoy the new car for a little while first. Might just change the filter also. What about you? Im worried about insurance to be honest, so if anyone on here has declared their modifications to their insurance company i would like to know their feedback on premiums etc. But for now yeah just the milltek or nothing! :)

Oh and regards to Matt's question i think the dealer has said the VAT will be based on when the car is registered. Tried to get my way around it but can't. :(

Hey

Yeah im going down the mod route, gonna get a milltek DP and sports cat straight away, then give it 1k miles and go for a REVO stage 1 remap, and maybe an air intake, then im gonna leave it a while before considering going up to stage 2 or 2+ , i might not even go up to stage 2 will have to wait and see, my S3 is in standard mode at the moment so a remap in january/febuary on the new one will feel pretty special IMO,

Make sure you post pics tku when it arrives

Ok! Update! :) I recieved a phone call from dealer today which was surprising and they have told me that my order isnt confirmed yet but the build week is 47 which they also told me should mean that my car is due in mid december. They sounded quite optimistic too that my car should be here by that time thus avoiding the tax so for now all is good. :)

I cannot see how the dealer can tell you the order is not confirmed but then give you a build week. The build week is only allocated by the Audi plant when they confirm the order. A bit of salesman speak creeping in somewhere!

To be fair to the dealers though they have always been clear to me and not once said that its going to arrive before January. If anything they made me feel that it is more than likely that it will arrive after the new year so for them to sound optimistic for no reason is a positive sign for me! What will be will be! :) Yeah johnny will post them soon as! Fingers crossed it will be my christmas present. :)

Hey

Was wondering if anyone had been quoted any build week dates yet? my dealer left a message on my phone on friday night saying that my date is confirmed for build week 45, he didnt state exactly when that is, but said i should definately be picking it up in december, i think im gonna ring him tomorrow to double check its def confirmed - good news though!

any news tku?

Hey

Was wondering if anyone had been quoted any build week dates yet? my dealer left a message on my phone on friday night saying that my date is confirmed for build week 45, he didnt state exactly when that is, but said i should definately be picking it up in december, i think im gonna ring him tomorrow to double check its def confirmed - good news though!

any news tku?

To Audi build week 45 is the week beginning 2 November. Allowing say 3 weeks for the car to get from Ingolstadt to the dealer after the end of build week 45 means the car should be with them during 1st week in December.