Looking at a new A3 Sportback - a few questions

AR-CoolC

Reaction score
Website
www.tdisport.com
First of all, Hi all, new boy here looking at getting an A3 as my next company car, but I have a few questions.

I'm looking at the 1.6 TDi SE sportback and the questions are:

1, The standard stereo on the SE states (on the website) that the front speakers are dissabled, is this true? do I need to spec up on the options list the next stereo up?

2, I'm undecided between either privacy glass or built in sunblinds. Are the built in sun blinds the type that roll down into the door card itself or an "add-on" type that sits ontop of the door card?

3, Is there anything else I need to consider when looking at the SE spec that I might have not though of?

TIA

1. I don't know.
2. Yes they're like roller blinds that come out of the door card, not stick on with sucker type jobbies. I'd got for the tints though.
3. Depends on your budget, cruise & arm rest maybe?

I popped into the dealer at lunch time.

The standard SE stereo has the REAR speakers dissabled.

Still undecided about blinds v tints, as having tints (as well as the stereo upgrade) will just send me over my monthly allowance, and I begrudge paying extra for my company car (considering Gordon the theif already gets a good share of my income already)

It comes with an armrest in SE trim, cruise I can manage without.

I'm looking at the luggage and storage pack also, as I do like to have things organised:yes:

Yeah storage pack is a good one, and the additional interior lighting pack too.

I have an SE spec and I specified the optional Concert radio so that I got active front and rear speakers. I also went for the glovebox iPod connection.

My full options list included:

17 x 7.5J 16-spoke alloys with 225/45 tyres
Concert Radio
iPod connection
Electric driver seat controls
Electric lumbar support
Acoustic parking system - rear
Exterior door mirrors - electrically folding
Light and Rain Sensor pack
Cruise control
Dual-zone electric climate control (Air conditioning)
Interior Light pack
Luggage Pack
Non-smoking pack
Storage pack
Adaptive Xenon headlights.

Around £4500 worth of extras but all worth it as far as I am concerned.

Worth checking all the options, because most are much cheaper to have on the car from new that to try and add them later with the exception of the RNS-E. The great advantage of buying a brand new car is that you can have exactly what spec your want (or can afford) rather than having to have one decided by someone else.

Wow that's an impresive options tally.

As mine will be a company car, and I can only go to an apsolute max of £19,730 P11d price my options are limited.

I'm currently thinking:

Climate, light's pack, and luggage and storage packs. I might change the climate and have privacy glass instead (oh the problems of looking at cars with HUGE options lists)

Wow that's an impresive options tally.

As mine will be a company car, and I can only go to an apsolute max of £19,730 P11d price my options are limited.

I'm currently thinking:

Climate, light's pack, and luggage and storage packs. I might change the climate and have privacy glass instead (oh the problems of looking at cars with HUGE options lists)

Personally I would always go for Climate control. It makes the car so much nicer in warm weather and also keeps the interior windows clear in wet weather. If I could only have one option on my next car it's certainly the one I would always choose. Depending on the body colour, I think the privacy glass option can sometimes make an A3 look a bit like van!!

Last edited:
I figured as it was a company car you probably won't be interested in retro-fitting additional kit,

Personally I would always go for Climate control. It makes the car so much nicer in warm weather and also keeps the interior windows clear in wet weather.................Depending on the body colour, I think the privacy glass option can sometimes make an A3 look a bit like van!!

I see what your saying, but it has aircon as standard which clears glass perfectly well.

I'm going for Ibis white, can't decide if privecy glass will look too dark on white or not :think:

I forgot to come back to this thread with an update, sorry.

I now have on order a Ibis white 1.6TDI CR sportback SE with Concert CD, Interior light pack, luggage and storage packs, and Flat tyre warning indicator.

Delivery first thing in the new year.