Sucking Noise

LukeHS3

Reaction score
hello people! say hi 1st as this is my first post will do a introduction asap
anyway getting a S3 in the week!

just looking though youtube and came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9-dtiEOHpo

the sucking/whistling noise what is causing this? as myself i like it lol would it be an open filter causing this would it do this with an evoms indcuction or forge one? or isit because the car is tuned

Cheers

Cheers mate, thanks

another question does the s3 have launch control or is that only auto?

and when looking at the mileage on the clock isit the top number or the bottom on the gauge

swear it said 16,000 at the top and 9,000 on the bottom
he said it had 16,000 but found one on autotrader which i think is the one i went and looked at and on the autotrader advert says 9,000!

Cheers

That sounds like an external wastegate to me?

another question does the s3 have launch control or is that only auto?

I think it is Auto only. Put the gearbox into sport, also Mag on if available as option, place left foot on brake, let handbrake down, rev engine to ~ 3000 RPM and let lift brake pedal.

As for Mileage, on my instrument cluster it is bottom right.

That sounds like an external wastegate to me?

Not on an S3....the diverter valve diverts air back through the induction system AFTER the MAF sensor.

An external wastegate would require a different method of measuring air mass....what you're hearing could easily be one of these....

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010202&product=FMFSITR

In any case,one of the aftermarket induction systems such as the Forge or EVOMS will make a fair bit of noise on acceleration and between gears.

why not on an S3 what about ATP`s GT3071R Kit?

ATP Volkswagon Golf/GTI/Jetta Audi A3 FWD MKV 2.0T FSI GT3071R Turbo Kit

Brand: ATP
Desc: 06+ Golf/GTi/Jetta/A3
Type: GT3071R Upgrade
Price: $3,195.00

Buy Now ATP Turbo Kits Include:
- ATP Exhaust Manifold Flanged for GT/T3 series
- Garrett GT3071R dual ball bearing turbocharger
- Tial 44mm wastegate with V-band connections
- 3" all stainless V-band downpipe
- Rear transition pipe to stock exhaust
- Wastegate reroute tube and v-band connections
- All stainless coolant and oil lines and fittings
- 3" inlet pipe kit with 3" MAF housing
- Intermediate inlet pipe w/ breather connection
- Diverter valve reroute
- Intermediate charge pipe outlet kit
For Engines: 2.0T FSI
Boost: Custom
HP: Upto 500 HP
Direct Bolt-On: Yes

Questions & Information:
- Frequently Asked Questions (see here first)
- Contact Us NOW (any other questions)

VW's latest generation 4 cylinder turbo engine, the 2.0T, has an inherently awesome VE (volumetric efficiency) curve. In fact, it is so great that it is just cause for all new, from the ground up testing in search for the proper matching turbo.
Why such a "large" turbo as a GT3071R? An efficient turbo to match an efficient engine! It's a great match! You could go smaller as usual but you'll choke up the engine in the higher revs!

After countless test sessions, all the data shows the GT3071R allows the 2.0T operate very close to its natural efficiency curve (to develop HP as the revs continue to climb to redline). Not only that, but it's able to do it without sacrificing low end drivability. This allows us to run the full scale 60mm turbine wheel on the GT3071R coupled with the highly efficient GT/T3 VB exhaust housing (which ensures proper engine breathing at the mid to high RPM range to make excellent HP) to gain peak efficiency and STILL have the ideal low end power bandband for everyday street use. That's right, with this new engine, you can have your cake and eat it too! Big power and no lag. You will NOT have to resort to the smaller turbine wheels with smaller exhaust housings just to get the turbo to spool up quicker, but at the expense of higher backpressure numbers and higher EGT temps which subsequently kills peak power to the point where you will have to turn your boost levels much higher than necessary to make good power. By using an efficient and well matched unit like the GT3071R to do the job, you can make the desired power more safely, reliably, and best of all, effortless (with less boost).

Note: You are recommended to source a fueling/tuning solution to compliment this turbo kit.