Your cost of double to single grille conversion

Ads

ASN Veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.aythreee.com
Ok, think it's time to go ahead and do the grille conversion, but was just wondering roughly how much it should cost, best and worst case.

So please, if you don't mind, if you have done the double to single grille conversion can you post how much it cost you (parts/paint/labour), possibily itemising if you can.
Also saying if it was a standard/s-line/s3 conversion.

Cheers. :icon_thumright:

Bumper - £40
Bonnet - £190
Respray of bonnet & bumper- £150
Grill - £40
Number plate holder - £30

Standard Single Grill conversion.

So far its cost me £330 for the following items:
Black Optic S3 Grill (ebay £130)
S3 Bumper (Stoke Audi £200)
Next week buying the fog light surround £39.12. In a few weeks then will get the S3 bumper sprayed and fitted. While i wait till later throught october or start of november before i get the new bonnet and fog lights.

Last edited:
Mine cost £140

Bumper/fogs/grille £100 from local breakers
Bonnet £100 delivred from findapart

Sold old bonnet for £20
Sold old bumper for £40

All came in Akoya silver so no need for a respray!

:p If anyones done it cheaper then congrats!

Mine cost £140

Bumper/fogs/grille £100 from local breakers
Bonnet £100 delivred from findapart

Sold old bonnet for £20
Sold old bumper for £40

All came in Akoya silver so no need for a respray!

:p If anyones done it cheaper then congrats!

Wow that skill !!! :icon_thumright:

Mine cost

£130 for standard bumper/black optics grill/bonnet (someone whotheir car before starting the project)
£200 for painting and fitting including sorting a scratch and blending into the front wings

Anybody else??

Just been quoted £125 bonnet, £50 grill, £105 bumper (standard, not s-line/s3).

Bit pricey, I think??

The bumper is a bit pricey considering ebay normally have non s-line ones for about £40 at the end of the day you will have to paint so even if you get one cheap with a couple of scuffs it will be like new when it is done, my mate bought a non s -line for 9.99 off fleaby it cost more in postage lol

Quote from stoke audi:

stoke_audi said:
Sline fog each (2) 8E0941699C & 8E0941700C £55.00 each
Fog plugs each (2) 3D0941165A £5.90 each
Fog repair wires (2) 000979244 £3.44 each

Sline optics grill 8P4853651DVMZ £121.06 or;
Sline silver grill 8P4853651D1QP £113.10

Sline number plate surround Black 8P4807285G3FZ £39.50 or;
Sline number plate surround Grey (Silver) 8P4807285G1QP £39.50

Sline bumper 8P0807105AGRU £212.18
Sline fog surround each (2) 8P4807681F £20.10 & 8P4807682F £20.10
Sline bonnet 8P4823029B £176.00

hope that helps

Dave

My conversion cost me:

Bumper & Grille - £75 (Ebay)

Bonnet - £162 (PJM SPEEDY off the forum)

Spray and Fit of Bumper & Bonnet - £250

Hope that helps :rockwoot:

Thanks for your responses guys!

And how are you all find your colour matches?? Did you get it blended into your wings?

I got mine blended into the wings, my car is black and i have to say he did a superb job and the black optic grill finished it off nicely :icon_thumright:

Black is supposed to be quite hard to get right, isn't it?? Glad yours looks good.
A colour mismatch is my main concern. Probably even more so than the parts not lining up correctly.

Mine's that light silver. I don't think it's even got a fancy name like Akoya etc. It's just called "Light Silver" I think.

Not too sure about best and worst colours for matching. Is silver supposed to be easy/hard???

Thanks mate.

I saw that bumper the other day in fact.
I'll haggle with the guys that offered me the bumper for £105 as I can collect, but if they don't come down on price then maybe go for that one. I'll keep watching the grille.

After seeing Bailey's pics of his conversion this is something that I really have to do soon!

Definately haggle as i would expect to pay about £90 for both grill and bumper (£40 for grill and £50 for bumper) you may find someone selling the 2 together at the right money on ebay a couple of members on here have done that too.

at edition i managed to pick up the bumper with everything on it for £30..barginnnnnnnn!
just need the bonnet and then the swap will be on.

I did it all myself, theres a thread on here somewhere I did! I'm no mechanic but managed to do it easy, only needed help changing the bonnet as its hard to hold and do up the nuts without dropping it on something! :)

I did it all myself, theres a thread on here somewhere I did! I'm no mechanic but managed to do it easy, only needed help changing the bonnet as its hard to hold and do up the nuts without dropping it on something! :)

Yeah, I think i've seen your thread :icon_thumright:

So did it take any adjustments to get the bonnet to sit right?
Or more to the point, can you even adjust the bonnet's position? Or does it just bolt on and that's it.... it's in position.

No theres about 5 mm adjustment in the bonnet bolts, just fit, close, adjust, close, adjust until it fits bang on.

Black is supposed to be quite hard to get right, isn't it?? Glad yours looks good.
A colour mismatch is my main concern. Probably even more so than the parts not lining up correctly.

Mine's that light silver. I don't think it's even got a fancy name like Akoya etc. It's just called "Light Silver" I think.

Not too sure about best and worst colours for matching. Is silver supposed to be easy/hard???

Silver is a hard colour to match.