Audi A3 in-car phone kit

rickyquicky

Reaction score
My a3 has got the audi phone kit installed, with the steering wheel controls for voive activation, and the horrible holder thing screwed into the dash.

are these kits bluetooth? because my phone can find the carkit (which means it must be bluetooth of some sort), but will not connect to it (its asking for a passcode). can anyone help?

i have no idea how to use the ****** thing!:wtf:

if you google the model number of the phonekit you should be able to download the manual which normally has a passcode in the manual for initial set up for bluetooth :icon_thumright:

ok, so it is bluetooth then?

i can just use it like that without having to buy the holder for my phone?

what is the thing in the dash for anyway? it just looks ugly!

Yes, it's bluetooth. You don't need the holder unless you want to charge your phone and use the roof antenna for reception. Try using 1234, 4321, or 0000 for the passkey.

1234 should do it as per John's wise advise, 1111 is another as is 0000, if that doesnt work then someone with vagcom can check what it is set to or change for you

Its 1234 ive just set my new A3 up with the phone and as everyone says it works via bluetooth just remember to turn it on before you start! Also you have 2 minutes to connect once the ignition is on to turn bluetooth on your phone to connect otherwise you have to take the key out and start again!!