Audi Navigation Plus

Jeffreys

Reaction score
HI

I have the Audi navigation plus in my s3. I also have bluetooth phone prep and voice recognition. I bought a memory card for my car yesterday simply to have the phone numbers show up in my car. But I put them on the memory card and they ain't showing up. Does anyone know how I do this?

Marc

Pair your phone with the car. Your phone numbers will then show up in the TEL menus on the RNSe. Fill the memory card with mp3s, unless it's an SDHC card in which case it won't work.

HI

I have the Audi navigation plus in my s3. I also have bluetooth phone prep and voice recognition. I bought a memory card for my car yesterday simply to have the phone numbers show up in my car. But I put them on the memory card and they ain't showing up. Does anyone know how I do this?

Marc

Do you mean you put your phone numbers on an SD card??

N-Series Nokia are notoriously known not to pair cleanly with factory bluetooth options. Although i have paired my N95 8GB with both of our cars, the phone book does not show up on the menu item. My company Blackberry and the missus Sony C905 pair and display phone book entries on both cars no problems. MY S3 also displays entries on the DIS with the left scroll from the Steering wheel (sorry can't remember the fancy term) when anything but the N95 is connected.

I was quite surprised we were able to pair all three phones whilst driving down the A1. As the previous member mentioned, pairing is straightforward and takes seconds...

Infact the dealer specifically told me, N-Series Nokias are not supported.

I think you've purchased the SD card for the wrong reasons but you'll get a lot of tunes on it!

I have paired my phone with the car since day 1, yet i can onlly recall it showing up my numbers 2 or 3 times in the 3 months ive had it. I have loaded the numbers on the memory card yes, as the guy who sold it me said it may not show them up every time so do that. I have a few mp3s on there :p. I have a Blackberry Curve 8900, pairs every time, names show up on the dialled list everytime, but not in the dash screen or the main screen. It just says please wait and if I press the voice button it says 'phonebook is empty'

I have loaded the numbers on the memory card yes, as the guy who sold it me said it may not show them up every time so do that.

Never heard of this. What format have you copied them as? AFAIK each mobile manufacturer has their own system.

...may not show them up every time so do that.

I could be wrong but you could've been sold a 'Chocolate Fire Gaurd' regarding the SD Card... :no:
.. well I atleast hope it was cheap.

Never known such a feature.

Suppose it does display the numbers as the salesman suggested, are you expected to have the ability to select an entry and dial it? A bit smoke and mirrors to me mate.

I also have the 8900 curve. I wont be able to check until atleast tomorrow but certainly the phone book entries do display on the DIS, not sure about the RNS-e.... I will double check and confirm.

Try delete your call lists on the Nokia & then test it, also there is a use of a contact manager with the handset to work with the rns to an extent, have a look on www.audiforum.us for more info, more geared up site for rns help, if I find the info I'll repost.

As for SD & contact storage, forget it, never heard so much rubbish since Iran said they were using nuclear plants for peaceful means.

Yeah agreed. It's like saying store your TV channel frequencies on a DVD so the TV knows how to tune to them!