New guy with A3

audi_a3_chris

Reaction score
hi all, got a 06 2.0 tdi se at the weekend and i love it.... needs a few mods thou.
here is a few pictures of the car..

IMG00012-20090919-1629.jpg

IMG00009-20090919-1516.jpg

at the weekend i got the 18 inch rs4 wheels fitted and a cupra splitter.
this friday its in for window tints.

just need to order a rear spolier and some lowering springs.

just 1 question for you guys... car has no fog lights, does any of you guys know the part numbers i would need?

all the best
chris

Last edited:
Welcome to the site fella
Loving the wheels but its begging to be lowered

Welcome to the site mate.

Looks nice like the wheels and agree, its gotta be lowered.

Where did u pick up the cupra splitter from?

:sign_welcome: to the forum Chris
Congratz on the new car.
Got yourself a nice A3 there mate. Nice choice of alloys aswell!
Did it take you long to fit the splitter? Cant help you with the part numbers sorry sure some one else can though. Enjoy the car

hi guys and thanks for the welcome.... cupra splitter takes around 30 mins to fit with a mate helping.

best both of you hold it in place and then tape it on first to check its all sqaure. bits of the splitter will need trimmed

one you are happy its all sqaure, you can bond it or screw it in place.

and yeah i ordered mine form seat in carlisle and got it for 17 quid

Splitter can be bought directly from Seat for around £20!

Thanks. Any particular size or anything i need to look out for? Or is there only one that 'fits all' in a way...

use the the 2 spar's on the splitter as the off set the 2 on the audi's bumper.... and where the bumper raise's up, the splitter should be nearly the same.

will post a picture when i get home from work with some details.... that way it should make sense

Re the fogs - you'll need the lights themselves, grilles and wiring loom - I'll check the part numbers later - although kufatec do the whole kit http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1302_Retrofit-kit-fog-lights---Audi-A3-8P.html

You'll also need a new light switch with support for front fogs.

You'll need to check the part number of your central electrics module - it may not support fogs in its current state - you need a highline module and often the non-fog A3s are fitted with the lesser module

Not as simple as it sounds - as I learnt from bitter experience...

well have gave up on the fog light idea, wheels are now sorted and no horriable wobble.

are any of you guys selling a set of lowering springs for a 2006 a3 2.0tdi?

got myself an audi ipod kit and is stumped at how the hell to fit the thing lol.
should have my spolier and mudflaps fitted by jan

Welcome to the forum Chris

A nice start, worth getting some coilovers rather than some slightly lower Audi OEM springs in my opinion

i wish i had the money for them mate.... my money only pushes to lowering springs