Wheels and lowering springs

PhantomS3

Sixth Gear
Reaction score
Hi there, first of all i'd just like to say that you guys have an awesome
forum, very informative and some stunning cars.

I drive a phantom black 8p s3, pre-facelift. My mods list to date includes GIAC remap, forge intake, forge dv, custom 76mm downpipe, autotech fuel pump, custom pcv fix, turbonetics progressive water-methanol injection. I've now decided to add some 19'' wheels as well as some lowering springs, i've decided to go for a set of the new rs6 reps 19x8.5 et43... I'd like some advice from those of you that have the same/similar sized wheels with regards to which size tyre i should go for to avoid any rubbing issues, as well as which lowering springs would give the most comfortable ride.

Thanks in advance
Moe

Springs - H&R from www.orange-tuning.de no question! Best spring out there in combination with H&R anti roll bars!

Wheels - reps....fail!

You seem to not worry about spending a bit on your car so splash out a bit on the rims :)

BBS, MTM, Sportec :)

2560089051_f3c077a7cb_o.jpg

D19.jpg

DSCF2363.jpg

Dyno14.jpg

w1-1.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

1323813792_ea62c90b32.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

See what i mean? :p

BBS all the way:yes:

mevw.jpg

With the spec your car is running it would be a shame to run reps!

H&R springs, or coilovers is your best bet

Hi there, first of all i'd just like to say that you guys have an awesome
forum, very informative and some stunning cars.

I drive a phantom black 8p s3, pre-facelift. My mods list to date includes GIAC remap, forge intake, forge dv, custom 76mm downpipe, autotech fuel pump, custom pcv fix, turbonetics progressive water-methanol injection. I've now decided to add some 19'' wheels as well as some lowering springs, i've decided to go for a set of the new rs6 reps 19x8.5 et43... I'd like some advice from those of you that have the same/similar sized wheels with regards to which size tyre i should go for to avoid any rubbing issues, as well as which lowering springs would give the most comfortable ride.

Thanks in advance
Moe

My H&R springs are very bouncy, but some people have had a different experience. Running the springs, H&R arbs (from orange-tuning.de) and ET48 19x8.5J Speedlines (effectively ET44 with the spacers needed to clear my brakes) I have no rubbing issues with Falken 452s 225/35R19.

Picture 11 of 13 from "Ollie"