Can someone please help me with some wiring info?

bluequattro

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just received my audi bluetooth kit and wiring loom, however i cant decide were some of the wires actually go ? theres 4 yellow wires been added to the loom and also some grey wires (pics below) I have spent hours reading posts trying to make sense of this stuff, but im confused about the cutting wires down the a pillar etc, the bt loom seems to have the mic added into it already, Nigel has kindly sent me the software hack which i will add once ive sussed out this wiring lark, ive noticed that 2 of the yellow repair wires are connected to the mic in the loom. all help most welcome as im struggling with this.

cheers
Cal
wires2.jpg

wires1.jpg

You're welcome to ring me in Italy mate, then can go through it.

Hi Nigel, think ill hold back on calling italy lol, i done the sds upgrade today and now my rnse says its software version x-000 have i done something wrong maybe? lol

Cal

Hi Nigel, Can you please pm me your number, im hoping to fit this bluetooth kit on sunday before i go back to work lol.

cheers Cal

Think you need to backdate the software as per my email advises to get the software back to a usable state with the nav disc, did you wait for it to complete without removing the disc, it should advise when its updating & should restart when completed, can take 5-10 minutes in all, did you use nero to write the disc, not windows.

Hi Nigel, I have put in the 08 satnav dvd and its updated to 0650 again, i burned the files you sent me using nero, it appeared to update etc then reboot, i then put the original dvd back in and that seemed to change the software to version x000 ?, i switched it all off again, went in for a brew came back out and placed the dvd in the drive again and this time it updated back to 0650? fancy a trip to scotland m8? lol ill pay you well for your trouble hehe, ive still not got my head round the wiring as well.

cheers
Cal

Hi Nigel, I stripped back the wiring from the bt loom i got, and marked up the wires etc, so with any luck im gonna be fitting bt unit on saturday ;) only other thing im unsure of is is the locations of were the wires go into populated or not? if they are populated can i just scotchlock the wires into the existing cables lol, as far as sds hack goes im back at ver 0650 on rnse, maybe i done something wrong initially? should i have made chanes in vagcom before downgrading perhaps? the saga continues but i wont give up! lol
cheers again m8 for all the help.

Cal

Cool & you cant downgrade without changing setting with vagcom anyway.

You need to read comments on that sds thread about wiring, should advise you there easily where things go & you may need repair wires from audi for quadlock.

When at 0650 check rns works ok then write a cd/dvd with sds hack & just insert disc into rns & see if it says software update on screen, dont touch anything, just let it update by itself, dont turn of ignition or anything until update done & rns auto reboots by itself, then test rns & check software version shows 0660.

When you copy files to disc to write with, make sure you use nero not windows & also make sure windows is showing all files as in, go into Windows Explorer, then Tools, then Folder Options, this opens small window, goto the View tab, check that Show Hidden Files/Folders is ticked & Hide Extensions is not ticked, then click OK.

You should have 5 files on the disc when written & the Index.txt file should show:

SOFIDX:0660
NAVVER:V2200815
AUDVER:A2210141