Retrofit Rear Parking Sensors?

ryanstewart9

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good company who can do this who use Genuine parts?

Or any decent dealers in the Berkshire, Surrey, Hants area (GU15) who would do this? I've heard dealers do this for around £300 (but I've read unfavourable reviews on some local dealers).

Welcome to the site firstly.

Hey I've done it with genuine kit & looks oem, well will when painted the sensors but as is they look spot on.

Dealers use the aftermarket type kit with reverse wire activation, not the proper canbus connected system as per factory which is why they're £300, if they used oem would be double knowing there prices.

How desperate are you to get done as I'm in Italy atm, but back end of sept & could for a price fit a system once parts sourced & if you need some reviews of me ask anyone in 8P if I'm ok to do the work.

3dr or sportback & what year of car?

Last edited:
Hi NHN,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not in any real rush just looking at info on the retrofit at the moment but you make a good case for yourself.

The car is a 2008/57 plate Sportback in Lava Grey.

So as NHN said is he any good to do the work? :)

Hi NHN,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not in any real rush just looking at info on the retrofit at the moment but you make a good case for yourself.

The car is a 2008/57 plate Sportback in Lava Grey.

So as NHN said is he any good to do the work? :)

Nigel is the Man he certainely knows his stuff, if he cant do it I dont know who can

S Line 2.0TDI 140 FWD

Picked it up today :hubbahubba:
Still trying to work everything out.

I've owned a few VW's in the past and decided it was time to upgrade to the Uber class of the VAG group.

I retrofitted mine, luckily I got OEM sensors, loom & module from german ebay for £100. Just needed to wire into the car but that wasnt too tricky, especially if you have access to ElsaWin for the wiring.

Yeah & a bumper thieved from right under my nose, lol, & with sensor holes already, bar steward, lol

NHN does the kit plug and play or do you have to splice the car's loom?

Not exactly no, requires some technical know how tbh & wiring skills.

Hi Ryan
Check out Bannings in Guildford. they charge about £240 and do all the fits for Audi Guildford so you will get them colour coded etc.

http://www.ianbannings.com/

Yeah but they would never install the oem kit for that price, not on your nelly given the parts are more than that, oem sensors are £70-£80 each alone, ebay is our friend.

yup...all of those

Tit, lol, I meant which line is Ryan's car

If only I had the money!!

Ok Ok, I have stepped up to the Uber parent company of VAG :kissmyrings:

I always thought Volkswagen were the main company, no??

Yeah it does but I always believed VW were the initial parent company as such & the main one even though they're all as one these days with Seat, Skoda, VW & Audi

lol, other way round mate, porsche owns 70% of VAG atm, so unlikely.

Changes daily huh, wasnt so long ago Porsche were seriously up on the speculate to accumulate game of the stocks of VAG IIRC, hey never did like idea of Porsche owning VAG tbh

Last edited:
Was not Audi, Auto Union...making them the real parent company :)

I seem to recall that name tbh mate on readups when I 1st heard of porsches percentage in VAG.

Auto union was around befor Hitler asked Audi to invent the beetle and called it a Volkswagon...
Auto union was ..Horch/Audi/DKW/Wanderer Thats what the 4 rings are about

250px-Auto_Union.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pergan
I miss the parking sensors that i had on the courtesy car :(

Might look into this once i've got the RNS-E fitted Nige :)

Was that a "when Nigel has helped me fit all of this & more" tongue in cheek comment, lol, no worries just tell me when & you're buying lunch

Not exactly no, requires some technical know how tbh & wiring skills.

Yeah but they would never install the oem kit for that price, not on your nelly given the parts are more than that, oem sensors are £70-£80 each alone, ebay is our friend.

NHN,

I've seen that Kufatec do a full PDC kit for €459!, but they also do the 2 cables seperately for €45 & €29. Do the sensors and control unit really cost €400?

Seen used control units going for around €50 plus postage on ebay.de

I would start to look into this whilst the Euro is doing so well against the Pound.

I have a brand new loom and a 4 sensors to go with it , also have the rear S-line bumper with the cap / holes and sensor brackets in it , although it is phantom black. 2008 sportback.

I would be happy to sell the loom and and sensors together , you would just need a control module.

Although you will still need to drill your own bumper and it may be a better idea to just buy the full kit and paint it lavy grey , then sell yours.

Only a thought.

has anyone used the kit from vagparts.com

I have the retrofit kit. you need to drill and it stick out of the bumper style. Only porlbme is it doesnt work :( it keeps beeping like its sensing something. If i remove the bumper away from the car it will stop beeping when it gets closer it starts to beep.

The retrofit kit from the departed vagparts is maybe the vag retro kit no, did it come in a vag box as they do this for aftermarket even though its identical to the £30 kits on ebay.

Are the sensors fitted recessed into the bumper to far or are they flush with the bumper, mines the oem kit I fitted & they're lfush & not one issue to date.

Pat email me your bumper pic please.

NHN,

I've seen that Kufatec do a full PDC kit for €459!, but they also do the 2 cables seperately for €45 & €29. Do the sensors and control unit really cost €400?

Seen used control units going for around €50 plus postage on ebay.de

From audi yes the kit is expensive, the sensors in UK alone are £70 each!!!!

I got most my kit from ebay & the sensors were brand new aswell, result.

I would buy the parts of ebay mate & then make the loom with repair wires, wire & solder.

The kit i bought had audi part # on it. It was $300 US for the kit. Its for cars that do not have the mounts on the inside. The kit uses power from backup light and not the canbus.

Nigel , Pic of bumper emailed.

Also as mentioned have the loom ( from module - sensors ) and 4 sensors.

Bluetak, lol

Nah drill the sensors holes which are 21mm iirc, then I got some A6 brackets which can be bought by themselves, as they arent available for the 8P without buying bumper, then fix the sensors on these, then use minimal superglue to fix the sensors in the holes drilled with the brackets attached, note the brackets dont even fit the bumper & 1 or 2 legs actually have a gap between these & bumper, but as we're packing the gaps out with epoxy or sikaflex this doesnt matter, as when these things set, those brackets dont budge a mm, so effectively the brackets wont ever move & the sensors are removable if they go faulty given superglue is just a placement holder, whilst brackets get fixed to the bumper, make sure you scratch the bumper surface when fixing brackets to it, as it holds much better than smooth surface.

So as a list, what parts do I need to source to do this OEM style?

Also if factory fitted does the sound come through the stereo speakers or is there a seperate speaker for it?

You need
loom from car - module.
loom from module - sensors
4 sensors
vag-com coding
And some serious balls and precision to drill your bumper !