My Solar Orange S3

david_phillips95

Reaction score
Here's some pics of my solar orange audi :)
audis31-1.jpg

audis34.jpg

audis32.jpg

audis33.jpg

Photo004G.jpg

Guy from my work has a set of polished genuine BBS LM's 9.5x19 rears and 8.5x19 front. I asked if i could try them on my car to see what there like and see if i want to buy them off him. The car will need lowered quite a bit and the front wheels need a more stretched tyre to match with the back. I think they have the potential to look brilliant. Here's some pics for a rough idea. If anyone is any good with photoshop it would be great to see it lowered to suit :D
IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Some weight on the back to show how lowering would look
IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

9.5"
IMG_0276.jpg

8.5"
IMG_0277.jpg

Opinions Welcome

To be honest I'm not that keen on the BBS wheels, other than that nice car.

Yeap always loved orange, had pair of orange converse years back, hooked since then on colour, love the S3 in that but wheels no, sorry but doesnt suit IMHO.

Yeap always loved orange, had pair of orange converse years back, hooked since then on colour, love the S3 in that but wheels no, sorry but doesnt suit IMHO.
What?!
41Kh5buXMpL._AA280_.jpg

I really like orange as a colour, in fact I have just come back from the pub where I wore "orange converse" , but a pumpkin polo :puke2:

i think its fair to say i really like orange as a colour but orange converse hmmmm:puke::lmfao:

Big YES for the Car
BIG! Yes for the Colour - stunning

And sadly a big NO for those wheels!

I think they are bit "retro-styled" don`t fit that good with the car

Also big fan of yellow shoes, who gets my vote now? :p Staz or N.?

lmfao, hey you like your wheels I like orange converse, colour is cool, end of, lol

Should look sweet once lowered mate!

Looks nice and do like the wheels but think the would look better in black chrome :D

You need to run more stretch, then slam it, then it'll be win win. I'm not overly keen on the ford focus st orange, but I like the fact its an S3 :racer:

Lovely motor and colour - Not sure about the BBS I'm afraid. I'm not keen on Y-Spoke BBS rims (If that's the correct description of the style), plus from the pictures you have got some wheel arch issues... looks likes you'll need to flare the arches from the pics.

Infact, I don't think I've seen a A3 with flared arches... might end up looking like a zakspeed ford capri..? Any pics anyone, besides the artists prototype for the RS3...

What a siiick car!!!:hubbahubba:
The only problem is after you have lowered the suspension is the wheels will stick out and you'll need to flare the arches.

I'm yet to see an S3 with flared wheel arches so can't comment on what it will look like once its done....:think:

The S3 looks great in Orange. Congrats :icon_thumright:

For me the front wheel just doesnt work. Even with more stretch it 'pokes' too much. You also wanna try to get the rolling radius of the tyres as close as possible to prevent damage to the Haldex system with the wheels being staggered.

Im running staggered Super RS's which are 8J front and 9J rear, but only 18's with an offset of 41. The offset of the LM you have must be 32or something close to that. Are the 5x112 or 5x114.3?

Heres a of pic for ya!

mevw.jpg

Its down 25mm on H&R springs

BBS just dont suit the A3/S3 IMO, i think they just cheapen a high marque car and make it look a bit boy racerish.. This may be what you are going for though...
Orange is a bit much too i think, again, boy racerish.. BUT its an S3 so all good there

Hi David

Always liked Solar Oranage good choice. From the picture the car looks wkd and i do like those LM, they mean business!. She will look a lot better once she lowered. Enjoy the car and get some more pictures up once she been lowred.

For me the front wheel just doesnt work. Even with more stretch it 'pokes' too much. You also wanna try to get the rolling radius of the tyres as close as possible to prevent damage to the Haldex system with the wheels being staggered.

Im running staggered Super RS's which are 8J front and 9J rear, but only 18's with an offset of 41. The offset of the LM you have must be 32or something close to that. Are the 5x112 or 5x114.3?

Heres a of pic for ya!

mevw.jpg

Its down 25mm on H&R springs

Love those alloys! Looks the business Ian

One of the best looking Solar Oranage S3 i've ever seen. Looks really aggressive

That orange one was for sale on piston heads - 350bhp

BBS in general? no better suiting style wheel IMO!

Thats right was on sale on Pistonheads. Nate said he sold it now though. I'd agree with BBS no better suiting style wheel for the A3/S3

That orange one was for sale on piston heads - 350bhp

BBS in general? no better suiting style wheel IMO!

Indeed boydie. BBS = Boy Racer Wheels :laugh: Never heard so much cr4p in all my days :ninja:

Thats right was on sale on Pistonheads. Nate said he sold it now though. I'd agree with BBS no better suiting style wheel for the A3/S3

He has sold it, cant' remember what he's getting next, I'll find out on sunday as I'll see him at players.

Big YES for the Car
BIG! Yes for the Colour - stunning

And sadly a big NO for those wheels!

I think they are bit "retro-styled" don`t fit that good with the car

Also big fan of yellow shoes, who gets my vote now? :p Staz or N.?

Yeah ditto that. I nearly went for Solar Orange myself - but the wheels - just do not suit the car IMO and are you sure they are legal? They look like they extend beyond the body work - maybe just the camera angle?

I'm beginning to like solar orange more and more I have to say.

Saw a solar orange TTRS in Stafford services on the M6 north bound on Thurs am - looked amazing - and the sound of it was something else.

BBS just dont suit the A3/S3 IMO, i think they just cheapen a high marque car and make it look a bit boy racerish.. This may be what you are going for though...
Orange is a bit much too i think, again, boy racerish.. BUT its an S3 so all good there

Hahaha, boy racerish:laugh:

The only thing my RS's cheapend was my bank balance

BBS:rockwoot: