Audi Bedford!!

Leenx

Reaction score
Mods - Sorry Would you oprefer this go in the Services section?

I just wanted to share my experiences of Audi Bedford Services team with you (Part of the Vindis Group)

Ok, so on the 21st May I trade in my 07 plate Golf R32 for a £27,000 ex demo 58 plate S3 with 4500k on the clock. ( no quibble there as I got a fair amount for my Golf and I'd like to think a good deal on the S3)

The S3 has just done 6000 miles and is on the Long Life / variable service routine. It needed an oil change. Therefore booked it in with them sometime last week, along with the following main areas I thought they should look at

a. Rattling windows
b. 5mm of tyre tread left (Bought the car with close to full tread on each just 1500 miles before)
c. Boot rattle when unlocking
d. Ticking on alloys – ticking sound when starting off in mornings.

So as planned they collect in the morning from my work and come the afternoon I get a call from them - my car is done and ready to be delivered back no problem. (At this point I ask them have they checked the areas above) They have apparently excpet for they have had to order some pads / spacers for the bonnet to eradicate the boot noise - meaning car would havee to be collected following week for this to be done - Oh and they also say during the car going on the ramp they had managed to kurb one of the alloys!!. After quite a few apologies from them saying they will obviously repair I think to myself fair enough I'm a reasonable kind of guy, and for the sake of argument I'll deal with it and just let them do what they've got to do!
At this point I should mention that their view on the tyre useage in 1500 miles is quite common as it is a 4 wheel drive machine - Hmm I don't recal so much tread use in my old shape TT also being a 4 wheel drive!
Also they had failed to solve the window rattles!
And also I have just coughed up £150 for an oil change - I'm thinking to myself what have they changed it with - milk?!

So! following week car is collected (Second time), and I get a call in the afternoon saying that the boot area is now done, the alloy is refurbed like new, and the ticking from two of the alloys is most likely caused by little stones in the tyres which they have pulled out (it isn't as I can still hear it but pointless mentioning again due to their incompetances) BUT the parts for the windows are not available and have to be ordered direct from Audi ( at which point I'm thinking to myself - well where do you usually get your parts from Ford?) I know I know part of VAG, but you get the point I hope - as my confidence in them by this time has well and truly gone out the window!

Car then gets delivered back - and I get a carton of Audi mints for amy troubles in the glove compartment ( unopened before you ask - which was nice of them I thought!)
At this point should be worth mentioning not once has the car been valeted by them! or if it has it's been done by a child!
On closer inspection I check the trip and the car has 60 extra miles on the clock! Now from my place of work to Bedford Audi is tops 12 miles there and 12 miles back - go figure!

By this time I'm f***ing fuming! A narky email to the guy I've been dealing with (won't mention names as don't think I'm allowed to?) demanding WTF!

Major apology back from saying they cannot give me a reason as to the extra mileage but could be a number of reasons blah blah, he promises to individually manage the next time my car is in, will go out of his way to provide me with gestures of good will, tank of fuel, proper valet etc etc - you get the message.

Ok so this Friday just gone I finish work and head home to do my usual 3 hour cleaning job on my car ( I spend a lot of my time making sure my car is in the best condition it can possibly be in, as it cost me an arm and a leg - something I think Audi and most likely other car companies just don't appreciate these days as most of their business comes from other companies I imagine), anyway I discover a fairly deep scratch on my boot window (does not come out with any Scratch product)

I email him this morning outlining this scratch I have discovered, along with concerns over my oil change intervals (already my service menu on my car is saying I need another oil change service in 12600 miles or 460 days, after the service was carried out last week it said 18000 miles / 365) Obviously I would be EXTREMELY reluctant to cough up another £150 on an oil service so shortly after the last one!
I also highlight yet another issue - squeeky brakes!

THE SAME Audi Bedford advisor calls me back today and this time he seems to insinuate I have caused the damage as he said he had checked the car last time it was in and didnt see any scratches at all - Wan*er!!!!!! He then mentions how unlikely it will be to give me a full tank of fuel and a few other bits of useless information. He agrees to have a look at the scratch anyway.

The car is booked in I guess for end of week or when this piece for my windows come in.

Sorry this is so long but I just can't believe how poorly I've been treated - I and wonder how many others have been before me! Should I now go direct to Audi HQ should it exist and put a formal complaint in? Has anyone else had experiences with them?

Cheers

Last edited:
hate to say it mate but these sort of things are normal for some dealerships.. ive had absolute murders with Audi... its the most frustrating thing ever!! you need to speak to someone senior i ended up dealing with the head of business.. got there in the end...

hope it all gets sorted..

keep moaning about the brakes cause they wont tell you this but Audi have designed a modified brake pad for the s3's that doesnt squeak.. had mine on for 1000 miles not one squeak.. i just kept moaning!

rattling windows seems to be common on a3/s3's, they will probably just spray something call crytex i think its called.. to stop them rattling and tell you its £100 for a small bottle... (thinkin there all good)

cant help woth ticking noise or tyre treads.. does seem a lot of tread for such little milage. ive done 10,000 miles and still got bout 2.5mm all round i think

sorry to hear about this - I can sympathise with you as I've been back to Audi's approved accident repair centre recently (part of the same group which runs several local Audi franchises) after a poor respray job.

not sure if this helps with rattling windows but after having my door resprayed (and going back several times trying to get things fixed, colour mismatches etc) my seals started making a noise when I went over small bumps in the road, as if the door wasn't fitted properly (but it is) -- anyway, I went to BMW and they sold me some door seal lube which completely cured the problem for £25 (supposed to be 29ish but they gave me a discount) ... if it sounds like the seals, maybe give this a try.

sorry to hear about this - I can sympathise with you as I've been back to Audi's approved accident repair centre recently (part of the same group which runs several local Audi franchises) after a poor respray job.

not sure if this helps with rattling windows but after having my door resprayed (and going back several times trying to get things fixed, colour mismatches etc) my seals started making a noise when I went over small bumps in the road, as if the door wasn't fitted properly (but it is) -- anyway, I went to BMW and they sold me some door seal lube which completely cured the problem for £25 (supposed to be 29ish but they gave me a discount) ... if it sounds like the seals, maybe give this a try.

very interesting, gonna have to get me some of this soon.. i know a girl from my local audi dealer whos just gone to BMW and works in parts.. :icon_thumright:

Cheers guys for the advice and feedback. A year ago I'd be spitting fire, now I'm not so heaved. Yes it's a complete pi**er that you spend so much with a big company then get treated like a piece of *** in return! But I've had this with big companies day in day out for the past year!

Let's see what happens after it's been back for the third time LOL

Go straight to Audi HQ,and tell them the problems and the insinuation that you caused damage yourself.

I've had a few "issues" regarding the fixed price service package,where the local dealer was bickering with VAG Finance over whether or not the scheduled service was due or not etc etc,and after a few calls and a salty email things seemed to get done.

I also find that letting them know that a good number of my colleagues are also customers locally seems to concentrate their minds a bit.

Thnik this does it?

It was difficult to speak earlier. I think as and when this part/parts are available for the Audi and when my vehicle goes in next time, after what has occurred so far, the very least you at Audi Bedford can do is:-
1. Solve the window rattles once and for all
2. Investigate the squeeking brakes. After a bit of reading around on some Audi forums, Audi have designed a modified brake pad for the s3's that doesnt squeak.. this could be the answer?
3. The scratch is a scratch - it has not been caused by me and whether or not you have inspected the car prior to delivering back to me is irrelevant under the circumstances
4. Fill the fuel tank
5. Valet the car
I will have no option but to contact Audi HQ direct if these things are not taken care of next time. I'm sorry for the tone of this email but I am sure you can appreciate where I am coming from. Please could you now reply by email / letter / fax
Thanks
Nick

Thnik this does it?

It was difficult to speak earlier. I think as and when this part/parts are available for the Audi and when my vehicle goes in next time, after what has occurred so far, the very least you at Audi Bedford can do is:-
1. Solve the window rattles once and for all
2. Investigate the squeeking brakes. After a bit of reading around on some Audi forums, Audi have designed a modified brake pad for the s3's that doesnt squeak.. this could be the answer?
3. The scratch is a scratch - it has not been caused by me and whether or not you have inspected the car prior to delivering back to me is irrelevant under the circumstances
4. Fill the fuel tank
5. Valet the car
I will have no option but to contact Audi HQ direct if these things are not taken care of next time. I'm sorry for the tone of this email but I am sure you can appreciate where I am coming from. Please could you now reply by email / letter / fax
Thanks
Nick

Personally I think you're being way too kind to them.

I would draft a letter to Audi HQ,preferably to someone senior,and then copy your local dealer in on it so they get the point.

I use Beford Audi more often than not and I can honestly say they're fantastic! I'm pretty disappointed that they've let you down this bad though.

Write that letter to HQ mate and CC to Bedford manager too for sure.

My motor was bought from Bedford Audi.. I didn't buy it from there, the woman that had it before me did do (I'm the second owner). I wonder if she had this sort of trouble.. It's **** really, you spend 1000s on a top spec motor like an S3 and they treat the car with little respect and not much more for yourself, if i was you, I'd find a better dealer.. They've taken the **** a few times now and they'll most likely do it again, BTW I'd deffo be onto Audi UK regarding the extra mileage on your car too.

:icon_thumright:

I do sympathise with you. I had problems with one dealer (to make clear it wasn't Bedford though) failing to fix the window problem on my S3 and the squeaking brakes. Also, I did start to hear a grinding noise from the NSR when braking after reversing slowly. Their reply was 'Sorry sir, we can't hear anything abnormal'.

For about 3 days I had the ESP fault light illuminated and this would have stored a fault on the ECU but they said it was fine. They said it's normal to flash when it's operating. Implying I can't tell the difference between a flashing ESP light and a fault warning on the DIS. Maybe they need to report owner's issues to the techs better.

Similarly, when I had the EML come on, but then go out before I got it to them, they again said no fault was stored, so next time it came on I called out Audi Roadside who found the original stored fault straight away - proved they were either incompetent and/or liars. Needed a new O2 sensor in the end.

The same dealer failed to reset the service indicator when they did the second service (inspection not the oil service) and it had to go in a second time for that. They failed to have the promised courtesy car waiting on on one of these two occasions claiming they had sold it resulting in having to rebook when I was dropping the car off.

This resulted in me complaining firmly but diplomatically to the service manager who to his credit sorted things out and their treatment of me has improved since.

The third service was done at another dealer, and they cocked up by resetting both service counters instead of just the oil service indicator. I was planning on chasing this up but the car went before anything was sorted.

The point I'm trying to make is most of them are rubbish in both their honesty and quality of service. It's nothing personal against you, I bet they get away with loads when dealing with people who know little about their cars. I had to explain my S3 had 2 separate services to one stealer which was unbelievable! They thought I was a liar and almost said as much. They were very embarassed after I spoke to Audi UK whilst there to confirm they were wrong.

The moral of the story is find a good stealer or use one recommended by a fellow forum member and stick to them!

And as an aside, all mechanics that test drive the cars absoloutely cane them, there is a VW storage garage near the stealers and I regularly see brand new cars being hammered to the red line still on trade plates with bonnets, bodywork and seats covered in plastic. All the dealers seem to do this.

When I left some stuff in a box in my boot, the contents of the box were strewn round the boot on collecting the car. Go figure how your wheel got kerbed, I bet it wasn't whilst getting on a ramp...

Oh and I wouldn't let them clean/valet the car, trust me they will damage your paintwork and you will regret it. I always used to say vacuum the inside only. Only let them clean the outside if they promise to just blast it with the pressure washer - no cloths or sponges!

Hope things are sorted to your satisfaction. Once you speak to Audi UK they should get their act together. It is a big shame they can't back up the so called prestige/premium brand that Audi is supposedly with equally premium customer care unless Audi UK give them a kick up the back side.

Last edited:
Morning all - I'm in a good mood today and I've slept on it. I'm gonna take her in myself when the bit comes in for the window. Unless they sort everything out this time to my satisfaction, give me a full tank of fuel, an Audi Polo shirt, and some other gestures of good will I'll take it up with Audi UK - Simples! Then use another stealer going forward. Shame though as some of you use them and you have had great service from them. Infact my Director I work with uses them for his Audi and they've been great!

Just on this oil change business - As I say I had it changed last week and they reset the computer and it said next oil change due 365 days or 16000 miles (or thereabouts) Now a week later it's saying 12,000 miles - is this right? As I only do about 6 miles a day (short journeys though).

Also - Anyone used Audi ( Wayside) in Bletchley Milton Keynes? Only a stone throw away - am pretty sure some of you have used them and they have been poor?

...Oh and I wouldn't let them clean/valet the car, trust me they will damage your paintwork and you will regret it...

Leenx been following the thread and recognise some of the issues, although to be fair I now receive top class service. However, as shamsher identifies that last thing I would want (or have done) is a 'valet' by the 17 year old yoof and his multi-purpose sponge.

The guys have given you loads of good advice, the only thing I can think to add is to make sure you handover/takeover the car as you would a hire car with a service agent; completing the details on one of their loan car forms.

Good luck with the resolution.

Hi Leenx

Sorry to hear about all the problems your having with the dealer. As most of the members have said write up a letter to Audi HQ 100% formal complaint. Some dealer only change there act onces Audi HQ have got involved in some situation. You seem like a nice enough guy and you have not kicked off a big fuss or been rude towards them....Just seems like there taking the p*ss out of your good nature a bit now.
Also get on to Audi HQ to find out where these extra 60 miles have come from.
As they dont just appear on your car. Good luck and keep us updated on how you get on.

Ashley

Just on this oil change business - As I say I had it changed last week and they reset the computer and it said next oil change due 365 days or 16000 miles (or thereabouts) Now a week later it's saying 12,000 miles - is this right? As I only do about 6 miles a day (short journeys though).

The oil change interval is different depending on how you drive the car. My first oil change was at 15k, others have been as low as 9k. What we noticed is that it's normally those who just do short runs each day that need to more frequent oil changes.

The fact that it has changed I guess it just after the system had a bit of time to work itself out.

LOL Just had an agency ring up re my satisfaction levels with the services team at Bedford Audi!:):)

lol Yeah I had one of them. They actually seem very interested in what you have to say too.

I said there was just one little thing and then I said actually forget it and the guy kept pestering me to tell him what it was.

If you're interested it was just that I like to make my own brews instead of the girl having to stop what she was doing to ask if I wanted another.

Perhaps this will help your case against them :icon_thumright:

On closer inspection I check the trip and the car has 60 extra miles on the clock!

I would've gone ballistic!!!! Not sure what I would've done but at the moment taking it out of someone's face at the dealership springs to mind. Sorry - I'm normally quite a mild mannered person : )

If its any consellation and sorry for all the greif you've had, I have always had good service (in more ways than one) from Stansted Audi.

When I next take the car in for a service, I'll insist on doing it 'While you wait'... and if I see him them taking it for a spin without my consent I'll be diving onto the back bumper before they have a chance to get away...

Hi Leenx

If its any consulation ive had terrible service from my local dealer....its a very long story and my current A3 2.0tdi 07 reg is going tommorow to be replaced by a new one:hubbahubba:

However i had terrible problems with the car windows steaming up when cold it did my head in eveyrtime i took it back i got the "computer says no" stock answer where by they did jack with it. this went on for months and so did me keep taking it back for various issues mainly the windows but also other problems with the number plate lights being overtightened and cracking falling out then finding on several occasions when ive stuck the pressure washer on the car big holes in the boot. So after many months of me falling out with the dealer i was always told well valet the car...as you say some some 17 yr old ASBO uses some ****** sponge over it doesnt touch the wheels etc etc and call it clean. Anyway after a trip earlier this year to collect after ist still steaming up i go in the evening to colllect.

As i pull up...car clean (ish) but as its sat there right outside the showroom i find all the windows and the car full steamed up. By this time im with my missus and im fuming no more mr nice guy i steam in there pardon the pun and when they say weve pressure tested it for leaks and nothing found so heres youre keys i let rip. Get the service manager out people are looking at me i dont give a rats *** and then another manager appears. He ushers me in a room i refuse to accept the car they argue its fri even and have no cars left so i say tough....then they agree to see how it goes over the weekend.

Surprise over the weekend its steamy windows. I get a call on mon morn, this time the guy who ive never seen before is the AFTER SALES MANAGER. That will become relevant in a bit. He tells me he only gets involved in complaints when the dealer has tried and it goes badly wrong anyway hes full of apolgies says he will get the file out look at whats been done will arranage collection of my car at work etc (I refuse as i dont want some 17 yr monkey touching my pride and joy)

Like i say long story but hopefully youll see where im coming from. Anyway take my car in they order new door seals for every part of the car and give me a nice A6. Promise to give car a proper valet and wax and he will "ring me" later to offer compensation.

So i collect the car, its been properly cleaned (well how you expect it to be every time), in the showroom and new seals. Since then (Feb 09) no problems but then again its not winter yet so cant say 100% it fixed it. Anyway he gives me his card tells me he will deal with the follow up etc. Sure enough call him weeks later tell him no further problems. He says he will only close the case once IM happy which i was and could i come and see him. I agree i can only visit on a sat sick of wasting my time during the week.

So he comes in on his day off we sit we chat hes full of the audi brand has let me down the dealer has let me down what can he do to compensate me. HE suggests its due for its first service (yr 2 as its on varibale and ive only done 12000 in 2 1/2 yrs). So he offers that free i say it needs a brake fluid change he offers that aswell. Also gives me audi writing pad at some crazy price of £120 free and umbrella £30.

Get it in writing from him few days later he says call him before so theres no problems and they try and charge me. Service booked in i take it in on the hottest day of the year. Arrive at garage theyre full of apologies saying courtesy car will be ready in 5 minutes being cleaned (that was one of my complaints the cars they give out are filthy).

Almost new A3 cab with all extras on it appears he apologies again and says enjoy for the day which i did in the sun!

Collect car no cost to me (would have been £380). So far no probs and car serviced for free.

My long story is there is a point. Shout scream swear i did and ask for the AFTER SALES MANAGER. Their job is AFTER SALES and complaints. They have the power over some "computer says no" at the service desk even the service manager. Dont give up and makre sure you ask for compo my new car im collecting tommorow is from a different dealer.

Ill post pics when i get it.

KKP.....Cant wait mate be in touch when i collect!!!

When I next take the car in for a service, I'll insist on doing it 'While you wait'... and if I see him them taking it for a spin without my consent I'll be diving onto the back bumper before they have a chance to get away...

:lmfao: I think the person driving would have a heart attack

lol Yeah I had one of them. They actually seem very interested in what you have to say too.

I said there was just one little thing and then I said actually forget it and the guy kept pestering me to tell him what it was.

If you're interested it was just that I like to make my own brews instead of the girl having to stop what she was doing to ask if I wanted another.

Perhaps this will help your case against them :icon_thumright:

LOL:yes:

Hi Leenx

If its any consulation ive had terrible service from my local dealer....its a very long story and my current A3 2.0tdi 07 reg is going tommorow to be replaced by a new one:hubbahubba:

However i had terrible problems with the car windows steaming up when cold it did my head in eveyrtime i took it back i got the "computer says no" stock answer where by they did jack with it. this went on for months and so did me keep taking it back for various issues mainly the windows but also other problems with the number plate lights being overtightened and cracking falling out then finding on several occasions when ive stuck the pressure washer on the car big holes in the boot. So after many months of me falling out with the dealer i was always told well valet the car...as you say some some 17 yr old ASBO uses some ****** sponge over it doesnt touch the wheels etc etc and call it clean. Anyway after a trip earlier this year to collect after ist still steaming up i go in the evening to colllect.

As i pull up...car clean (ish) but as its sat there right outside the showroom i find all the windows and the car full steamed up. By this time im with my missus and im fuming no more mr nice guy i steam in there pardon the pun and when they say weve pressure tested it for leaks and nothing found so heres youre keys i let rip. Get the service manager out people are looking at me i dont give a rats *** and then another manager appears. He ushers me in a room i refuse to accept the car they argue its fri even and have no cars left so i say tough....then they agree to see how it goes over the weekend.

Surprise over the weekend its steamy windows. I get a call on mon morn, this time the guy who ive never seen before is the AFTER SALES MANAGER. That will become relevant in a bit. He tells me he only gets involved in complaints when the dealer has tried and it goes badly wrong anyway hes full of apolgies says he will get the file out look at whats been done will arranage collection of my car at work etc (I refuse as i dont want some 17 yr monkey touching my pride and joy)

Like i say long story but hopefully youll see where im coming from. Anyway take my car in they order new door seals for every part of the car and give me a nice A6. Promise to give car a proper valet and wax and he will "ring me" later to offer compensation.

So i collect the car, its been properly cleaned (well how you expect it to be every time), in the showroom and new seals. Since then (Feb 09) no problems but then again its not winter yet so cant say 100% it fixed it. Anyway he gives me his card tells me he will deal with the follow up etc. Sure enough call him weeks later tell him no further problems. He says he will only close the case once IM happy which i was and could i come and see him. I agree i can only visit on a sat sick of wasting my time during the week.

So he comes in on his day off we sit we chat hes full of the audi brand has let me down the dealer has let me down what can he do to compensate me. HE suggests its due for its first service (yr 2 as its on varibale and ive only done 12000 in 2 1/2 yrs). So he offers that free i say it needs a brake fluid change he offers that aswell. Also gives me audi writing pad at some crazy price of £120 free and umbrella £30.

Get it in writing from him few days later he says call him before so theres no problems and they try and charge me. Service booked in i take it in on the hottest day of the year. Arrive at garage theyre full of apologies saying courtesy car will be ready in 5 minutes being cleaned (that was one of my complaints the cars they give out are filthy).

Almost new A3 cab with all extras on it appears he apologies again and says enjoy for the day which i did in the sun!

Collect car no cost to me (would have been £380). So far no probs and car serviced for free.

My long story is there is a point. Shout scream swear i did and ask for the AFTER SALES MANAGER. Their job is AFTER SALES and complaints. They have the power over some "computer says no" at the service desk even the service manager. Dont give up and makre sure you ask for compo my new car im collecting tommorow is from a different dealer.

Ill post pics when i get it.

KKP.....Cant wait mate be in touch when i collect!!!

Hi mate - Really appreciate your story and fully FULLY agree there is a point! Trouble is this year for me I am having so many problems / arguments going on with firms that this one was just another one. Thje guy has phoned me today to ask when I would like to drop her in again, and unless I get everything done to MORE than my satisfaction I will go ape! and will go straight to Audi UK. I always have to give over 100% in my line of work, I always respect people in life, and therefore I expect the same in return - it's just simple manners & service!
Needless to say I gave this research agency last night some negative feedback which should see some kind of rocket sent up their *** I'd imagine LOL.
Make sure you put some photos up when you get her?!!! For me there's nothing better than picking up a new car (well mostly!)
Cheers Nick!

I would've gone ballistic!!!! Not sure what I would've done but at the moment taking it out of someone's face at the dealership springs to mind. Sorry - I'm normally quite a mild mannered person : )

If its any consellation and sorry for all the greif you've had, I have always had good service (in more ways than one) from Stansted Audi.

The thing is these people take a big risk! Imagine one of your mates spotted your car being nailed to the max round a rounabout and then you finding out about it! Could seriously damage the centre's reputation!
Just for the record if I had ever seen that happen - I'd of gone direct to the centre and let rip no questions asked!!!

The thing is these people take a big risk! Imagine one of your mates spotted your car being nailed to the max round a rounabout and then you finding out about it! Could seriously damage the centre's reputation!
Just for the record if I had ever seen that happen - I'd of gone direct to the centre and let rip no questions asked!!!

There was a story on here before where a guy dropped off his RS4 at his local dealer and i believe he saw some one driving it like they stole it! And they added quite a few miles on it. And also he had some thing fitted to say how many times the car was started and turned off believe that was over 50times! Some one posted a link up where it was in the newspaper.

There was a story on here before where a guy dropped off his RS4 at his local dealer and i believe he saw some one driving it like they stole it! And they added quite a few miles on it. And also he had some thing fitted to say how many times the car was started and turned off believe that was over 50times! Some one posted a link up where it was in the newspaper.

Would be interested to see which stealer that was?? just imagine that - your pride and joy being blasted by some numpty you don't even know - think I'd internally combust!

Just realised my post could have been read the wrong way. I didn't mean that MY complaint about tea might help him! Just that them asking for feedback might lol

Just realised my post could have been read the wrong way. I didn't mean that MY complaint about tea might help him! Just that them asking for feedback might lol

I know what you meant!:sm4:

Would be interested to see which stealer that was?? just imagine that - your pride and joy being blasted by some numpty you don't even know - think I'd internally combust!

I'll have a search for you mate and post up the link. I know a few members who live local of this dealer said they have heard quite a few storys about that certain dealer. I dont know what i'd do if i saw some one driving my pride and joy like it was stolen let alone it being an S3 or RS4! :faint:

I was at an open evening at a company called 'Green Light Tuning' in south london years ago. They were Specifically Ford RS specialists and the owner told me a story (on a car they had to try put right somehow..!) that a customer took his\her Sierra RS Cosworth in for a service to a Ford Dealership, had to leave it with them overnight only to collect the following day. when Sitting in the drivers seat they felt awkwardly sat , like he was lobsided. When the ford dealership was questioned\interogatted by the owner why the car felt different it was discovered that one of the fitters took it home that night, lost control and carreered the car over a high kerb damaging the underneath\chassis, hence the lobsided seat!

I was at an open evening at a company called 'Green Light Tuning' in south london years ago. They were Specifically Ford RS specialists and the owner told me a story (on a car they had to try put right somehow..!) that a customer took his\her Sierra RS Cosworth in for a service to a Ford Dealership, had to leave it with them overnight only to collect the following day. when Sitting in the drivers seat they felt awkwardly sat , like he was lobsided. When the ford dealership was questioned\interogatted by the owner why the car felt different it was discovered that one of the fitters took it home that night, lost control and carreered the car over a high kerb damaging the underneath\chassis, hence the lobsided seat!

Unbelievable!! Sounds like they weren't even going to mention anything! how dare the fiter take some customers car home for his/her satisfaction! Disrespectful pigs!

Oh yeah forgot to ask - is there anyway of being able to monitor or record maximum RPM reached in a drive? obviously you can set the trip to record total number of miles in a journey etc, but can you do the same for the Revs? So that I know whether it gets red lined or not?

Oh yeah forgot to ask - is there anyway of being able to monitor or record maximum RPM reached in a drive? obviously you can set the trip to record total number of miles in a journey etc, but can you do the same for the Revs? So that I know whether it gets red lined or not?

That would be good but not sure how mate.

When you take the car in next (Wherever that maybe), have the least amount of petrol in it possible. That way, they wouldn't be able to boot it and drive it around at the pleasure.. , if its had more fuel loaded then question why, coupled with the amount of miles added to car! .. Followed by a Glasgow Kiss! :)

That would be good but not sure how mate.

When you take the car in next (Wherever that maybe), have the least amount of petrol in it possible. That way, they wouldn't be able to boot it and drive it around at the pleasure.. , if its had more fuel loaded then question why, coupled with the amount of miles added to car! .. Followed by a Glasgow Kiss! :)

Thats what I did originally - i.e. £15 of fuel in it - they still managed to do 60 miles! and politely dropped it back with none left!

LOL what's a Glasgow kiss? I's thinking of a Chelski smile - but I hate Chelski!

Best way to tell if you car is being ragged make a note of the mileage and of the range and then you can compare it to how you drive.

I once drove a mate's GTI and when he got it back he knew I'd been beasting it because the range had dropped 100 odd miles! :rockwoot:

I recently had exactly the same thing at Stansted Audi where my car came back with 50 odd unexplained miles on it. They couldn't give me any reason for it, apologised quite well, but ... fecking cheek AND the MPG was 18! Basically, some r'shole has taken my S3 for a spin and ragged the pants off it... well, it's going in again (for the same problem as they did not sort it out) and before I hand them the keys I'll be making a point of showing them the mileage and what'll happen if they try to feck me over again. Oh and the car was filthy when I picked it up - it was spotless when they took it from me - they said it had rained and so they'd not been able to clean the car? Well, what about the fag ash in the drivers footwell then? And I do not smoke! Poor, very poor.

I recently had exactly the same thing at Stansted Audi where my car came back with 50 odd unexplained miles on it. They couldn't give me any reason for it, apologised quite well, but ... fecking cheek AND the MPG was 18! Basically, some r'shole has taken my S3 for a spin and ragged the pants off it... well, it's going in again (for the same problem as they did not sort it out) and before I hand them the keys I'll be making a point of showing them the mileage and what'll happen if they try to feck me over again. Oh and the car was filthy when I picked it up - it was spotless when they took it from me - they said it had rained and so they'd not been able to clean the car? Well, what about the fag ash in the drivers footwell then? And I do not smoke! Poor, very poor.

I would never ever go there again!

Leenx, sorry to hear about your troubles with Audi Bedford. I've experienced a similar scenario with my local Audi dealer regarding my '58 S3. Picked it up 12th August 2009 and up until last Thursday it's been in their garage more than on my driveway!

Basically emission light coming on, they "fix" it, I drive away only for it to reappear the next day. In total it's been in the garage 5 times, in 3 weeks! It's had lambda probe, breather valve(?), but the the new throttle valve seems to have sorted it (fingers crossed, touch wood, etc.)

My biggest issue was their customer service. They changed over my private plate, but not the tax disk. Made me come and pick up the car only to have to leave it with them again to sort that out. Driver door dropped, loose gear stick knob, dodgy fitting drivers card, all which they thought was wear and tear!! I'd only had the car 12 hours before I took it back to them!! They even had 3, yes 3 different addresses for me! God knows where my tax disk is sitting.

I wrote a letter to the main dealer and copied to the branch manager on 29th August. Took them until today to get back to me. I've drafted a letter to Audi HQ, but waiting to hear what they going to offer me for the shocking service.

Where I live is saturated with Audi's, both private and company, they don't need to work at it to make pots of cash. Really frustrating as like folk say on here, you buy a premium car you've wanted for ages, pay through the nose for it and get treated like a fool.

I love the car though, just want it right and working fine.

Sorry to divert onto my problems, but hope you get things sorted. Definitely write the letter.

Rich