Sport -> S-Line roof spoiler fitting instructions?

Im in kilwinning aswell.... Yea a know about the lugs, cheers

I cant remember, it was a while back. Im sure the votex was about £150 but the s3 was prob about £180ish

Anyone tried the below and fitted it? what is the quality and fit like, please PM me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A3-S3-Roo...item41421c06ec

Dont think any of the guys on here have gone with any of the ebay ones. I've seen a few of the ebay ones on A3 for sale on ebay and autotrader. IMO they dont look right and some are alot bigger that the genuine ones. And most be cheap for a reason. I bought my spoiler £150 from Audi.

EDIT: I was tempted to buy one of the ones off ebay as there cheap and save me money. But just thought it would ruin it.
As the ones i have seen dont look like the s-line or votex

got a part number for that spolier ash im looking at getting a oem one

Alright Fran, Just give cardiff audi your reg say its a votex bond on one £150. I'll see if i still got the paper work in my folder for it later once im home.

Some of the ebay ones are made of plastic. They are however , still 5hit! :)

The roof spoiler is the single biggest styling difference you can make to an A3 - it's astonishing how much better it looks with one.

Also, the S-Line spoiler looks a hell of a lot better than the Votex one and is worth the extra. Something about the curved sides and the slight lip at the trailing edge make it look "just right" :)

The roof spoiler is the single biggest styling difference you can make to an A3 - it's astonishing how much better it looks with one.

Also, the S-Line spoiler looks a hell of a lot better than the Votex one and is worth the extra. Something about the curved sides and the slight lip at the trailing edge make it look "just right" :)
i couldnt agree more they should put spoilers on the sport models as well i think not just the s-line and s3

I think I'm gonna have to buy a ****** spoiler now! Pengjn that looks well. Loving the hybrid Marin and also the Carbon road bike, Cannondale? Looks it.

Bonding spoilers on is A OK in my opinion, done it on a few cars and never had any issues at all.

£192 is prob about right you know. Sure ebay may have something on there Votex ones are nice imo. Don't know if it's been mentioned but if anyone finds a cheap one and is tempted just make sure it aint fibreglass, it'll be a waste of time, need proper ABS.

Anyone got a decent pic of Votex to put up? I'm thinking of Votex front lip and rear spoiler.

Canondale Synapse - lovely bit of kit. Agree on everything you say re spoilers - Votex ain't great and I also tried a fibreglass one off ebay and that was just rubbish. THink the audi part was 150-180 or something.

+1

Ok I will get a genuine s line one. Don't like the vortex one. I want to get one from a breaker and same colour as mine to keep costs down.

This thread has saved me a world of headache. Thanks to everyone who'd contributed!

Just a quick question. Does the s line spoiler kind of slide over the existing tailgate up to the roof line
Thus covering up the existing brake light?

Image hi can I fit the a line spoiler my car? And what is the part number for the spoiler? :)

Hi, I want to fit a genuine S line rear spoiler to my 5dr Sportback SPORT model.
I have read through the thread and people flit back and forth the various models and to be honest I can't decipher exactly how to fit it for my particular model.
Please can someone with some knowledge and experience explain before I irreversibly damage the spoiler or the tailgate.
Thanks in advance
Ben

if anyone is interested i have 2 spoilers for sale in the classified section . one is an rs3 replica which was supposed to be for the sportback except they sent the wrong one ,ended up been a 3 door , the other is a genuine s-line sportback spoiler complete with the brakelight both red in colour .
most spoilers are just bonded on with sikaflex or pu adhesive . the originals have 3 mounting points that bolt through the tailgate ,but alot of people cut the mounts off and just glue them in place