Bucket Seats....

Oh god bless, you sound like a really nice church going Christian.
Unfortunately on this occasion, you know absolutely nothing about the subject of Salvage.
Salvage companies pay handsomely to be on an Insurance contract list of Salvage Dealers, ie contracts cost money.
Hence, there is only one way the vehicle is returned to the insured. That is when the claim is kicked out, normally for non disclosure of important information on the original policy form.
So maybe you will think diferently of me now, it is really not Christian like to be so rude to a person you have never met.
I COULD EDUCATE YOU ALL.

I don`t know and don`t care who you are and have no personal problems with you. You are right that a person cannot buy the car back from the insurance company but there is nothing stopping the owner buying the car back from the salvage company. I have done this with my last two highly modded cars as have friends of mine. You do not get the log book or shell but other then that you can remove whatever you like.

Last edited:
Let's play nice gents.

Mr Angry hasn't personally insulted anyone so he doesn't deserve it back.

Mr Angry if you're just here to annoy then please just go away. You've made your feelings clear, the forum members have certainly made theirs clear.
Oh c`mon guys, i thought getting involved with this forum would of been an inspiration to you all. It is rumoured to be such a friendly place.
May i ask please why you are so hostile towards a new member?
Is there a certain inaugural task that i must conquer before i am accepted?
As you are all Audi owners, which normally indicates that you have some sort of above average intelligence as you have bought well.
I was under the impression that you would of welcomed new members, especially ones who were open minded & had a lifetimes worth of knowledge to offer you all totally free of charge.

Oh c`mon guys, i thought getting involved with this forum would of been an inspiration to you all. It is rumoured to be such a friendly place.
As you are all Audi owners, which normally indicates that you have some sort of above average intelligence as you have bought well.
I was under the impression that you would of welcomed new members, especially ones who were open minded & had a lifetimes worth of knowledge to offer you all totally free of charge.

I've asked nicely for you to stop Mr Angry. Do you have nothing better to do than antagonise people who only dislike you because of your attitude?

Seems like a vicious circle to me. You annoy people so then they find that they dislike you. You then annoy them more and they dislike you more. Doesn't sound like a nice way to live.

Oh god bless, you sound like a really nice church going Christian.
Unfortunately on this occasion, you know absolutely nothing about the subject of Salvage.
Salvage companies pay handsomely to be on an Insurance contract list of Salvage Dealers, ie contracts cost money.
Hence, there is only one way the vehicle is returned to the insured. That is when the claim is kicked out, normally for non disclosure of important information on the original policy form.
So maybe you will think diferently of me now, it is really not Christian like to be so rude to a person you have never met.
I COULD EDUCATE YOU ALL.

Far from the really nice church going Christian.
And no it wont change my judgement....

You can educate us all but we won`t give you a penny :)

I may give him 2p because i feel sorry for him:friends:

Mr Angry seems like abit of a:

dickhead.jpg

I do wonder where Nate gets all his photos from they seem really appropriate for all the special occasion on asn:cool:

Are you nearly dead then ?
Or have you just given up on learning ?

He knows every thing there is to know. So no more learning for Mr Angry. Just wants to share his knowledge on ASN:tocktock:

ASN is a friendly place and we do welcome new members.
As for why people are being hostile towards you read all your posts and you will realise then:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
I've asked nicely for you to stop Mr Angry. Do you have nothing better to do than antagonise people who only dislike you because of your attitude?

Seems like a vicious circle to me. You annoy people so then they find that they dislike you. You then annoy them more and they dislike you more. Doesn't sound like a nice way to live.
Dear Mr STAZ, do you know what?You are absolutely 100% right, you have hit the nail right on the head.
However, there is always a reason for peoples actions whatever it may be. Just imagine this scenario for one moment.
I listed an interior on Ebay last week, i immediatley had one of your members offer £1000 less than the asking figure.
Later on that day another member offered me £2000 for the front seats alone, i turned both offers down.
The very next day another member offered me £1800, which again i refused.
That very same member then retalliated by telling me that they were worth £1500, because thats what the last set sold for on this forum.
I have to say i was intrigued, so i had a look at this forum to see what it was all about.
To my absolute HORROR, i found people who had never met me, know nothing about me, was slagging me off & insinuating that i was selling stolen goods.
One very person involved was a certain member who offered me £2000 for the fronts & was desperate to own them, who was still actually in conversation with me & trying to do a deal.
I really do not care what the rest of the world thinks of me, i have always lived my life like that. Members offering me less than i wanted did not offend at all, that after all is part of the game.
However i will not stand for complete strangers more or less telling me i was a thief. I do not take that sort of libellous talk lightly.
If any one of you had a grain of sense, you would of realised that if the interior was stolen then it would be more than likely that the seller would of taken the first offer.
You all treat yourselves as a valuation service.
In business any commidity is worth whatever you can get for it, simple as that.
You all mock me, tell each other the interior is too expensive.
Tell me all you clever cloggs then!
WHERE ELSE DO YOU SEE ONE FOR SALE.
The other small detail that none of you seem to understand, is that there is life outside of this forum. There are people repairing cars, & wishing to upgrade outside this forums membership.
Maybe now, the intelligent ones amonst you will understand why i feel hostile towards certain parties belonging to this forum.
So i will bid you all farewell, i wish the members looking for genuine S3 buckets the very best of British. You will need it.
You never know, one day we might meet!

I'm in the unfortunate position to have had my poor Golf GTI Edition 30 written off in the last few months. The guy who ran into me was insured by Fortis.
His insurance gave me a valuation of £16000 for my car - which was made up of £13000 as a cheque and they said my salvage was worth the other £3000. Their policy is to leave you with the salvage to do what you like with.
I had to then sell the salvage on myself to a scrapyard.

Its quite possible that the original posters friend had the same situation.

If I knew more about cars, I could have probably sold my scrap as pieces on eBay. Engine, xenons, steering wheel, seats, gearknob, stereo, climate control etc... Would have been worth much more than £3k if sold individually - but I didn't have the time or knowledge to do it.

And yet i bet 100 % he will be back here to check what people have to say about his comments.

Personally i joined this forum to talk about Audi tip's , trick's and info , and learn.
be part of a community, one thing that guy is not.

I wish him all the best in business as what he fails to see is that a forum is an " on line discussion " personally i had no idea what a set of reccaro seats would be worth , hence looking on a forum i am a member of,enter a discussion , and get an opinion.

We are all entitled to have an opinion , unfortunately for this guy, the general opinion is that they are overpriced , regardless of how rare they may be.

Although i heard one of the best things in a long time , said right here about him ...

" living in penis land " and for that alone i thank him.

After all thats just my opinion.

I was busy earlier....has he gone? :blink:

If it were me I would have joined the site and pointed out in a calm manner that the seats weren't stolen and given the reasons why. I think that might have been met by apologies too. At least I hope the members on here are big enough to apologise anyway. But because of his poor attitude he doesn't deserve an apology.

I do wish him good luck with his sale though.

I was busy earlier....has he gone? :blink:

If it were me I would have joined the site and pointed out in a calm manner that the seats weren't stolen and given the reasons why. I think that might have been met by apologies too. At least I hope the members on here are big enough to apologise anyway. But because of his poor attitude he doesn't deserve an apology.

I do wish him good luck with his sale though.

Agree with the above:thumbsup:

:wtf:

Leave the forum for a day to find this lol!

Some people just have tooo much spare time on their hands...

http://www.findmeahobby.com/ Great site lads get yourselfs onit!! lol

Pictures will be up tonight guys..

Dear Mr STAZ, do you know what?You are absolutely 100% right, you have hit the nail right on the head.
However, there is always a reason for peoples actions whatever it may be. Just imagine this scenario for one moment.
I listed an interior on Ebay last week, i immediatley had one of your members offer £1000 less than the asking figure.
Later on that day another member offered me £2000 for the front seats alone, i turned both offers down.
The very next day another member offered me £1800, which again i refused.
That very same member then retalliated by telling me that they were worth £1500, because thats what the last set sold for on this forum.
I have to say i was intrigued, so i had a look at this forum to see what it was all about.
To my absolute HORROR, i found people who had never met me, know nothing about me, was slagging me off & insinuating that i was selling stolen goods.
One very person involved was a certain member who offered me £2000 for the fronts & was desperate to own them, who was still actually in conversation with me & trying to do a deal.
I really do not care what the rest of the world thinks of me, i have always lived my life like that. Members offering me less than i wanted did not offend at all, that after all is part of the game.
However i will not stand for complete strangers more or less telling me i was a thief. I do not take that sort of libellous talk lightly.
If any one of you had a grain of sense, you would of realised that if the interior was stolen then it would be more than likely that the seller would of taken the first offer.
You all treat yourselves as a valuation service.
In business any commidity is worth whatever you can get for it, simple as that.
You all mock me, tell each other the interior is too expensive.
Tell me all you clever cloggs then!
WHERE ELSE DO YOU SEE ONE FOR SALE.
The other small detail that none of you seem to understand, is that there is life outside of this forum. There are people repairing cars, & wishing to upgrade outside this forums membership.
Maybe now, the intelligent ones amonst you will understand why i feel hostile towards certain parties belonging to this forum.
So i will bid you all farewell, i wish the members looking for genuine S3 buckets the very best of British. You will need it.
You never know, one day we might meet!

If you manage to sell those seat for this RIDICULOUS price i will get myself a ticket to England and start running nude in the center of London

And that`s a promise :p
:rockwoot:

Pictures will be up tonight guys..[/QUOTE]

cant wait! im a bucket whore lol

Me too, without having any, well brother and cousin do, hope that counts :laugh:

that definately counts.. any bucket seats in your life are!

my best pal has a 2005 tt quattro 240 with the pole position recaros.. they are mental! but obviously not suited to the S3.. well maybe a sportback...

it wont be yet, probably my last mod... but i will have a set of buckets in my car one day, whether it be RS4's or Sprtsters ill have em.. all i want is a set in any condition and i will have them retrimmed to match the rest of the interior (silver/black leather) with the silver stictching.. the though of it :hubbahubba:

S3RYE, you must be paying a fair bit for insurance because if I remember correctly you're 21? Are you from Dagenham/Barking or Ilford way?

S3RYE, you must be paying a fair bit for insurance because if I remember correctly you're 21? Are you from Dagenham/Barking or Ilford way?

am 22 now :icon_thumright: yep am paying a fair amout though! :sadlike:

but i love cars and if i got a serious car im happy! sad but true... i had a cooper s at 18 which i broke my balls for.. that was stupid though my insurance was £3000!!:puke2:

i break my balls to have such a nice car, hence why modding is slow and why people throwing eggs at my f***ing car ruins everything..

i was a day away from calling AMD to book in for revo and got egged so have had to fork out £400 for a detail!!!!

yeh well im not a pro footballer unfortunately for me.. was just a lettings neg in docklands....

am gettin rob leys to do it of GleamMachine detailing.. private guy seen a lot of his work looks v good.. got what i thought was a decent price too.. cars goin there tomorrow and then im picking it up saturday and driving straight to AMD for a REVO trial software.. just wish i could have the cash to get the proper job done :3sadwalk:

If you manage to sell those seat for this RIDICULOUS price i will get myself a ticket to England and start running nude in the center of London

And that`s a promise :p
:rockwoot:

Count me in! I'll even do it in December

Yay, the 2-and-a-half-grand bucket seat guy is here :jump:

1122161053.jpg

S3RYE, if you like the Revo trial are you gonna go for the AMD group buy?

just017

i would love to! but i just dont know if i can afford it at the moment.. im goin to thailand on the 8th november and i reckon i prob can get the cash together for it before then but i would have missed the group buy.. unless you can count me in and ill get it done in a few weeks? i could put a deposit down?? its just i gotta fork out £400 as it is on saturday!

Ahhh yeah im same at the moment, i want Paddys s/wheel but going for the remap first, then next mod wont be 'til xmas time.

I think AMD will let you put a deposit down if you wanted to do it that way. I think if you do that, you get 6 months to get the map done.

what an entertaining thread LOL :)

Poor chap I actually feel quite sorry for him, he definetly didn't deserve the comments about the kit being stolen and I guess alot of them were made purely from a jealousy perspective as we would all love a set of these seats but he has a strange way of looking at things , I'm sure Staz is correct in that many of the members that made the comments would have been more than happy to apologise for what was intended as humorous banter, just a shame he is still so angry surely there are more important things to get mad about.

Good luck with your sale Mr Angry, come on here and laugh about all this with the rest of us and I'm sure someone may be tempted.

Peace :)

Does anyone know the weight difference between the Recaro CS and the Audi OEM Leather Seats??

what an entertaining thread LOL :)

Poor chap I actually feel quite sorry for him, he definetly didn't deserve the comments about the kit being stolen and I guess alot of them were made purely from a jealousy perspective as we would all love a set of these seats but he has a strange way of looking at things , I'm sure Staz is correct in that many of the members that made the comments would have been more than happy to apologise for what was intended as humorous banter, just a shame he is still so angry surely there are more important things to get mad about.

Good luck with your sale Mr Angry, come on here and laugh about all this with the rest of us and I'm sure someone may be tempted.

Peace :)

I felt some of the comments were too much. How is a complete stranger to know when we are being serious of joking? We know down to experience :keule:.

Regarding Vosa, airbags are not a testable item. If the light is on you can only advise the customer. I'm also fairly sure they aren't a legal requirement in regards to a road traffic offense.

if i had 2.5k spare id snap them up

so would i! they look in really good condition and at the end of the day you pay like 4g's for just two seats from Audi.. here you gt matching door cards and rear bench.. may not be needed but it aint out of this world expensive... ive seen american sites advertising the two seats for $11,000!!

for retro fit... i have enquired.. you need to purchase every part individually... over 20 parts i think.. each seat works out over 2g's.. ive searched every possible route about these bad boys... ive called every breaker and they all say the same thing. "they r like hot cakes,if i called you when i get them id have to call a thousand other people who said the same thing.. ive said ill give good money, they then say "everyone says that" you just simply have to be lucky with these seats i reckon...