LED DRL brightness, can it be adjusted

Sem

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone know if the brightness on the LED DRL's can be adjusted with VCDS/VAGCOM?

I'd prefer it if they didn't dim when the sidelights are turned on or when the indicators are on.

Cheers :)

From Staz's VCDS thread:

09 - Central Electronics

Long Coding Helper:

Byte 0
Bit 3 - Daytime Running Lights (Scandinavia) active - (DRLs plus tailights)
Bit 4 - Daytime Running Lights (North America) active - (DRLs only)
Bit 5 - Assistance Driving Light _Leaving Home active - (Note 1)
Bit 7 - Coming Home active - (Note 1)
Byte 3
Bit 5 - Teardrop Wiping for Rear Window active - (Single delayed extra wipe after rear wash/wipe)
Byte 5
Headlight Washer Delay - (? x 50 = delay (ms))
Byte 8
Bit 7 - Daytime Running Light (DRL) Deactivation while Blinking active - (Turns off or dims (8P3) the DRL whilst indicating)

Chris

Cheers, I did see that but was wondering if it's possible to have them at max brightness when just the sidelights are on?

Cheers, I did see that but was wondering if it's possible to have them at max brightness when just the sidelights are on?

I'd like this too but I think it may be a little bright at night if they stay at max brightness with dipped.

Sidelights (DRL) only at max brightness would be fine at night.
They would need to be dimmed though when the xenon dipped beam is on.

guys i think this is what youre asking.... i think im also wondering the same

when your drls are on Auto during the day they are brighter than when you put them on manually eg at night..

is there a way to make them just as bright when on led only setting?? hope you get what i mean

BUMP BUMP BUMP! Any solutions to this yet? Any ways to make them just as bright when on DRL only settings?

Why the hell would you want it on full brightness when using your turn signals? Don't you think other drivers might not see your turn signals and possibly result in an accident? Bad idea IMHO

Why the hell would you want it on full brightness when using your turn signals? Don't you think other drivers might not see your turn signals and possibly result in an accident? Bad idea IMHO

+1... They dim for a good reason when the turn signal is operated and they are brighter in the daylight because they are "DAYTIME running lights"!!!
Can't see why you would want them a bright as sidelights considering if you have them you have Xenons...

Plus this thread is ages old!! :blink:

I've had mine set like this because I thought it looked a bit silly dimming when indicating, a bit like the DRLs weren't getting enough power when the indicator was on! And I think you can see them just fine. It's been like this a year and no one's crashed into me yet! lol *touch wood*

I've had mine set like this because I thought it looked a bit silly dimming when indicating, a bit like the DRLs weren't getting enough power when the indicator was on! And I think you can see them just fine. It's been like this a year and no one's crashed into me yet! lol *touch wood*

The problem will be if someone does run into you, and they argue they never saw your turn signal, insurance assessor looks into your car and finds the setting changed... you could be in trouble with no pay out then. They are set to dim for a good reason especially on motorways.

Hi I've retrofit these light on my 55. Any way on Vag com where u can switch the drl on when you lock/unlock car with the fob, thanks

Hi I've retrofit these light on my 55. Any way on Vag com where u can switch the drl on when you lock/unlock car with the fob, thanks

i had it running like that when i had my car coded incorrectly, throught eh use of comming home/leaving lights you probably could ill look into it at the weekend

Norway here! We love riding with the DRL and the foglights at daytime to get the "bad ***" look, but the DRL is dimmed down when you put it on to park and one drag out on the switch. Anyone knows if you can stop the dim on park and just leave it strong like the daytime DRL?

Sorry for bad english..hehe

Hi guys,

Anyone know if the brightness on the LED DRL's can be adjusted with VCDS/VAGCOM?

I'd prefer it if they didn't dim when the sidelights are turned on or when the indicators are on.

Cheers :)
Yes
09 Cent Elect
Coding
long coding helper
Byte 24
bit 0 to 6 DRL Dimming decimal value % 92 *1 = 92%
bit 7 DRL as postion lights checked

change the number to 100

it is a number x 1% = brightnes percet

eg 100 x 1% = 100%

retick bit 7 box again

if you want your rear lights with the drls add 1 to the byte 18 bit 7
eg my TT is 58 LED drls BiZennon i change it to 59
i now have all side lights with DR

You need to change the digit on the top line long coding as there is no option with the helper
use vcds 10.3 but I use the new VCDS 11.2 download

Yes
09 Cent Elect
Coding
long coding helper
Byte 24
bit 0 to 6 DRL Dimming decimal value % 92 *1 = 92%
bit 7 DRL as postion lights checked

change the number to 100

it is a number x 1% = brightnes percet

eg 100 x 1% = 100%

retick bit 7 box again

if you want your rear lights with the drls add 1 to the byte 18 bit 7
eg my TT is 58 LED drls BiZennon i change it to 59
i now have all side lights with DR

You need to change the digit on the top line long coding as there is no option with the helper
use vcds 10.3 but I use the new VCDS 11.2 download
Is this to get the drl to remain 100% in park light position?

Check out the picture

Attachments

• B1F6C905-EDFB-4F3E-8DD8-B140799A71B9.jpeg
    B1F6C905-EDFB-4F3E-8DD8-B140799A71B9.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 217
Check out the picture
Thanks for the reply but everyone on all the forum chats seem to be missing the exact request everyone is asking for (the question is not to adjust the drl brightness) we know that can be done.. the question is can they not automatically dimm when the selector is moved to Park position ?? Everyone on this forum give opinions and solutions to different questions but no one can assist with the actual question purposed (frustrating)

CAN THE BRIGHTNESS REMAIN AT 100% when the light selector is moved to the “park/side light position” on an 2011 Audi S3 8p ?? That is the question that no one can seem to answe LOL

CAN THE BRIGHTNESS REMAIN AT 100% when the light selector is moved to the “park/side light position” on an 2011 Audi S3 8p ?? That is the question that no one can seem to answe LOL

I see what your saying, and i was answering your indicator dim solution. As for the side lights im sure it can be done with VCDS but you have to mess about with the settings.

What you looking to do anyway light up the moon?? :yahoo: